No announcement yet.

Name your favourite kung fu or martial arts actor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I hate Steven Seagal too. Great movies in the 80s, but can't stand his personality. He discredits martial artists like Van Damme and Michael Jai White and he acts like he's more legit, but all he did was beat up Japanese midgets half his size in exhibitions. According to Stallone, Van Damme challenged him to a fight and Seagal backed down like a ho.
    I believe that, since Van Damme has won legit full contact fights and Seagal sounds like a phony ass biatch. That's also supposedly why Seagal has to do straight to DVD movies now, because nobody in Hollywood likes working with him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      I believe that, since Van Damme has won legit full contact fights and Seagal sounds like a phony ass biatch. That's also supposedly why Seagal has to do straight to DVD movies now, because nobody in Hollywood likes working with him anymore.
      Agreed. Seagal has also been accused several times of sexual assault on women. Lots of stars accused of that are currently finding it hard to get work.

Comment

Yup, that's why Van Damme has a great legacy compared to Seagal. Even Michael Jai White who's lesser known gets more respect these days. I like White's comments about Seagal. He was polite and respectful, but he said he "can't take Seagal seriously because no true martial artist would let himself go and gain 90 lbs."

Seagal also has a lot of sexual harrassment allegations, like Weinstein just on a much smaller scale.

Comment

Seagal has legitimate achievements in the world of Aikido.

The problem is, Aikido is not a practical martial art. It is only taught at low speeds with 100% cooperative opponents. There is no full contact sparring, no point sparring, no competition of any sort.

Point blank, Aikido doesn't teach you how to fight. The very best Aikido you can find still just looks like awful Judo, because that's what it is.

The martial arts that teach you to fight are the ones that have hard sparring and real competition. Boxing, kickboxing (Muay Thai, Sanda, Dutch, American, Japanese, etc), wrestling (catch, freestyle, Greco-Roman, collegiate, various folk styles), Judo, BJJ, and certain styles of schools of karate or taekwondo.

Van Damme was 18-1 in full contact pro kickboxing, 44-4 in semi-contact kickboxing, has a second degree black belt in Shotokan Karate, and also studied Muay Thai and Taekwondo.

JCVD would murder Seagal. One was a real fighter and practical martial artist, the other was an actor and theoretical martial artist who studied a worthless style.

Comment

Jet Li

The Yen Master aka Donnie Yen. His boss scene in Dragon Inn is an all time classic.

The original Man with the Leg Hwang Jang Lee. 9th degree tkd master in real life.

Comment

Bruce lee is an icon ......the master has no equal
              Although I did like blood in blood out and I did like some of the van damme movies.
              And don’t forget teddy Wong from the wanderers....Don f@ck with the Wong’s lol

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                Yup, that's why Van Damme has a great legacy compared to Seagal. Even Michael Jai White who's lesser known gets more respect these days. I like White's comments about Seagal. He was polite and respectful, but he said he "can't take Seagal seriously because no true martial artist would let himself go and gain 90 lbs."

Seagal also has a lot of sexual harrassment allegations, like Weinstein just on a much smaller scale.
                plus he got knocked out 2 times by one of the stuntmen on a movie shoot.
                The guys a complete knobend lol

Comment

Jeff Speakman was awesome in "The Perfect Weapon." Kenpo karate looks terrific on screen if done right.

Sadly he never did any other films that were anywhere near as good.

Comment

Lucy Liu

Or maybe Cynthia Rothrock

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      Lucy Liu

Or maybe Cynthia Rothrock
                      I was just gonna mention Cynthia Rothrock. Can't believe I forgot to, after I mentioned Loren Avedon. She co-starred with him in No Retreat, No Surrender 2, which didn't turn out to be related to the first movie and went on to star in some cool martial arts flicks.

Comment

Working...
                      X