No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor-Donald Cerrone booked for January's UFC 246

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
    What rank is he at LW? Who actually uses 'numbers' of losses as empirical evidence and not level of competition? (we both know the answer to that)
    Ok, so Wanheng Menayothin is an ATG because of that guy with 44 losses he fought. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Ok, so Wanheng Menayothin is an ATG because of that guy with 44 losses he fought. Right?
      Mate, that doesn't even warrant a response...

Do people calling Cerrone a bum even watch the UFC? Damn. He got the wrong end of a decision against Lawler who is a natural WW, whooped Mike Perry (a natural WW) and put the smackdown on a hyped up kid in Hernandez - all recently too. Wow, he lost to Cerrone and Gaethje, two guys in line for a title shot in the most stacked division in MMA = bum city.

This isn't a bad fight: fact. Anyone who says otherwise is dumb or ignorant or blinded. Not even a Conor fan.

LW rankings:
      Champion: Khabib
      1. Tony Ferguson
      2. Dustin Poirier
      3. Conor Mcgregor
      4. Justin Gaethje
      5. Donald Cerrone
      6. Paul Felder
      7. Dan Hooker
      8. Kevin Lee
      9. Al Iaquinta
      10. Edson Barboza

C+1: Khabib and Tony are fighting each other.

2. Conor whooped Poirier already (who is coming off of a loss so is also a bum now I guess)

4. Justin Gaethje...now THAT would be the best fight Conor could take.

5. Donald Cerrone or Gaethje...take your pick.

6. Paul Felder: please, Conor would murk him
      7. Dan Hooker: who?

8. Kevin Lee: lost two in a row, then beat midget Gillespie

9. Al Iaquinta: Bum, because bum cowboy already beat him (recently)

10. Barboza: Bum Cowboy already beat that bum

These are facts, I have not seen anyone dispute any of this. Facts are facts, end of discussion. If you think Cowboy vs Conor is a 'bad' fight you are dumb. End of.
      Last edited by 'b'; 12-01-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Mate, that doesn't even warrant a response...

Do people calling Cerrone a bum even watch the UFC? Damn. He got the wrong end of a decision against Lawler who is a natural WW, whooped Mike Perry (a natural WW) and put the smackdown on a hyped up kid in Hernandez - all recently too. Wow, he lost to Cerrone and Gaethje, two guys in line for a title shot in the most stacked division in MMA = bum city.

This isn't a bad fight: fact. Anyone who says otherwise is dumb or ignorant or blinded. Not even a Conor fan.

LW rankings:
        Champion: Khabib
        1. Tony Ferguson
        2. Dustin Poirier
        3. Conor Mcgregor
        4. Justin Gaethje
        5. Donald Cerrone
        6. Paul Felder
        7. Dan Hooker
        8. Kevin Lee
        9. Al Iaquinta
        10. Edson Barboza

C+1: Khabib and Tony are fighting each other.

2. Conor whooped Poirier already (who is coming off of a loss so is also a bum now I guess)

4. Justin Gaethje...now THAT would be the best fight Conor could take.

5. Donald Cerrone or Gaethje...take your pick.

6. Paul Felder: please, Conor would murk him
        7. Dan Hooker: who?

8. Kevin Lee: lost two in a row, then beat midget Gillespie

9. Al Iaquinta: Bum, because bum cowboy already beat him (recently)

10. Barboza: Bum Cowboy already beat that bum

These are facts, I have not seen anyone dispute any of this. Facts are facts, end of discussion. If you think Cowboy vs Conor is a 'bad' fight you are dumb. End of.
        I didn't call him a bum, I called him a gatekeeper. Because he is. Every time he steps up, he loses. That's a gatekeeper. Textbook definition of such.

Bold: not marketable. At all.

I'd rather they figure out how to do

- Nate rematch
        - Khabib rematch
        - Aldo rematch

Basically, he's got "problems" with all three of those guys, and the best way to spike ticket sales is to have Conor rematch any of them. Especially Aldo.

I find it funny that they can switch opponents so that CM Punk can face Mike Jackson, but can't switch opponents so that McGregor can rematch the guys he's most connected to - and instead put him in the ring with a guy who's nowhere near his level.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          I didn't call him a bum, I called him a gatekeeper. Because he is. Every time he steps up, he loses. That's a gatekeeper. Textbook definition of such.

Bold: not marketable. At all.

I'd rather they figure out how to do

- Nate rematch
          - Khabib rematch
          - Aldo rematch

Basically, he's got "problems" with all three of those guys, and the best way to spike ticket sales is to have Conor rematch any of them. Especially Aldo.
          Bro sorry but you ain't making sense. Cerrone is a gatekeeper, so then what does that make Diaz? Isn't Diaz also coming off of a one-sided brutal loss?

People would argue Conor didn't deserve the FIRST Khabib fight, why the EFF would he get the rematch when people wanna see Tony vs Khabib? Tony was stripped of his interim title for being INJURED.

And Aldo? Nah, Conor murks him, he's too big. You see what Holloway did to him in the rematch? Aldo was gassed before the end of the second round, why wouldn't Poirier be a better idea for a rematch? His striking has imporved greatly and Poirier is a LW, not a (soon to be) BW like Aldo.

Why talk about marketability as if I give one EFF, idgas about what's 'marketable'. Gaethje is the single best fight Conor could take (given that Khabib is fighting Tony) and the guy who would be very dangerous for Conor.

Cowboy is a good fight - anyone who says it is an objectively 'bad' fight doesn't know chit about MMA, current UFC rankings, and the current circumstances involved.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Another "L" for McGregor.
            This isn't a bad fight at all, in fact it's a good fight.

If you think Cowboy vs Conor is a 'bad' fight you are dumb. End of.
            Cowboy is a good fight - anyone who says it is an objectively 'bad' fight doesn't know chit about MMA, current UFC rankings, and the current circumstances involved.
            Ay where y'all at bro?

Comment

Working...
            X