No announcement yet.

10 years Pacquiao defeated and ended the career of Oscar Dela Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years Pacquiao defeated and ended the career of Oscar Dela Hoya

Time really flies. This fight happened 10 years ago. Pacquiao became one of the biggest Superstars in Boxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cPXTnESTAY

Pac was already a superstar, he just became even bigger and yes, a remarkable event. So called experts at the time were sayin Pac was selling out and simply taking the money, others were saying he would be seriously hurt. In the end, it was Oscar who got seriously hurt.

Comment

That was one of the first big fights I watched live after getting back into boxing in a big way, I got super hyped by the Beijing Olympics that year and wanted more sport so I started watching Boxing on more than a casual basis, I remember going to an internet cafe and getting a crappy stream for that fight. I even remember running across the road between rounds to get a can of drink and a cookie lol

It is crazy how time passes so fast i'm almost 30 now, was a teenager then but it honestly feels more like 4-5 years ago than 10

Comment

Lomachenko has more honor than Manny did. He is refusing to build his name and legend against an old Pac.

Pacquiao on the other hand had no problem taking advantage of old, weight-drained Oscar.

Comment

Man I feel old.

Crazy to think that manny-Floyd wasn’t even discussed then, and everyone had Oscar as the huge favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Lomachenko has more honor than Manny did. He is refusing to build his name and legend against an old Pac.

Pacquiao on the other hand had no problem taking advantage of old, weight-drained Oscar.
            Nobody thought Oscar would be weight drain come fight night. That’s why he was the heavy favorite.

Oscar was the one who initiated this fight to happen to begin with. He was the one who offered it at 147.
            It would be a joke too if pac climbed all the way to 154 to jump 3 weight classes lol

Comment

I was 19 years old damn I'm facking old now.

And I was one of the people who said manny was gonna get hurt, but then I seen ODLH lookin like a skeleton and I was like, oh nvm

Comment

Oh man that **** was hard to watch. It was a definite passing of the torch. 2008-2012 Manny was a freakin Monster.

Comment

I remember when roach said pre fight he wasn't even worried about the fight at all and that Oscar couldn't pull the trigger anymore and than Manny was going to beat the **** out of him.

Whenever roach talked that confident he was always right.

Comment

One of the biggest beat downs that's for sure. Manny was already a HOF fighter pre dela hoya. But this fight cemented him as something else.

Comment

Working...
                    X