No announcement yet.

Starting boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting boxing

This winter I shattered my femur skiing, right before I was going to start boxing...
    I’m nearly 16 and pretty much built for boxing, I’m only 5’6” “supposed to grow 6” but I’m not too sure I buy that, at 5’6 I’m 151lbs with a 70” armspan, I’ve been in some street fights, and I figured hey if I’m decent at fighting, and strong with long arms why not just give boxing a shot. Where should I start training wise? Also should I go box at a gym or get a bag and practice first?

Originally posted by prosper View Post
    This winter I shattered my femur skiing, right before I was going to start boxing...
    I’m nearly 16 and pretty much built for boxing, I’m only 5’6” “supposed to grow 6” but I’m not too sure I buy that, at 5’6 I’m 151lbs with a 70” armspan, I’ve been in some street fights, and I figured hey if I’m decent at fighting, and strong with long arms why not just give boxing a shot. Where should I start training wise? Also should I go box at a gym or get a bag and practice first?
    Just go to the gym every one starts off new

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
      Just go to the gym every one starts off new
      Agree

Go the the boxing gym. Persistence is key. It isn’t like it is on the tele.

Comment

Go to a boxing gym that offers classes. Learn how to wrap and the learn the basics first. Start with your footwork. Don't try to learn everything at once. Master one thing then go to the next. Do not be intimidated by the more advanced students. If you stick with it you will be one of them in time. It takes about a year to get good.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
          Go to a boxing gym that offers classes. Learn how to wrap and the learn the basics first. Start with your footwork. Don't try to learn everything at once. Master one thing then go to the next. Do not be intimidated by the more advanced students. If you stick with it you will be one of them in time. It takes about a year to get good.
          ^^^^^^^ This.

Comment

Also try to go at least 3 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
              Also try to go at least 3 times a week.
              Three times is a must. Best schedule is Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Comment

Working...
              X