Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury's Coach: We Have No Interest in Fighting Joe Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Hmmm, Joyce holds the Commonwealth title...
    British title is generally held in higher regard than Commonwealth. Commonwealth is basically just a notch above southern area or english title level really. It's usually fought for by those level of fighters and people usually fight for the commonwealth title earlier in their career than they do the British title.

Anyway, i understand them. They just fought for a world title in their last fight and will probably win the British title this weekend. Why would they be looking to fight for lesser titles and lower ranked guys. It's up to Joyce to get up the rankings.

Comment

Joyce is the kind of fighter who ages an opponent, even if you out point him you're still going to take a beating in the process. Haye and his team are going to have to put their hand in their pocket to get him fights. He's a massive risk and even if you beat him, you've just beaten a 4-0 novice.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

scared of a 4 fight novice

Comment

I don’t know why they’re acting like it’s a ridiculous notion for a commonwealth champ to fight the British champ it happens regularly. They’d be paid well too just come out and say it you’re scared ****less and you’re hoping to fall ass backwards into another world title shot again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I do agree that he looks messy but I still like the overall result of what he does.

It just looks very difficult to avoid having a big punch up with Joyce. Just so strong, so fit, so relentless. And obviously heavyweights are just a different breed due to the sheer amount of mass in the ring. They tire quicker, their punches have bigger effects, strength up close plays such a big role.

I like both Joyce and Miller for similar kinds of reasons.

I know Joyce got outboxed by Usyk in the super series but if that's the level of boxer it takes i'd argue there are none of those in the heavyweight division.

He's obviously fairly one paced but he has that weird power. The little cuffing shots where visibly hurting Thomas quite badly.

I think I remember reading he got caught cold in the amateurs once. But I suspect he's packing granite. You just wouldn't fight like he does, at the elite amateur level he has, at his age, if he wasn't able to hold a pretty big shot.
            He has a very very good punch. He was hurting Lenroy with punches that landed :|

Usyk is a very good boxer that packs a punch as well.

I think a person with the fighting style like Hughie will give him a loot of problems (obviously at the current stage of his career)

Comment

They cried about Parker beating Hughie and now they're ducking tough fights left right and center, Hughie isn't a top 20 heavyweight he is just outside that bracket the guy doesn't have the heart and he lacks his own identity, he tried so hard to be Tyson Fury against Joseph Parker and he got completely outboxed because of that.

Comment

What he meant was "Hughie has no interest in fighting. But he's well up for stinking the joint out with yet another sleep inducing performance."

Comment

I would of liked to have seen that fight.

Comment

Most feared heavyweight after only 4 fights lol.

Comment

you dont look down when you are trying to go up

Comment

Working...
                      X