No announcement yet.

Lubin just made the jump from high school to the big leagues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Maybe if he'd had a few tougher fights prior to last night then he'd have already been chin checked in less devastating fashion and worked on some ways to compensate for it
    Jack had tougher fights and the same happened to him against a guy who wasn't as good as Mell. These things happen no matter the level of competition.
    Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Fighters have made it to the next level with bad chins. If his chin is that bad then this is where he needed the extra experience to develop his craft and learn to hide it.
    I don't think it's his chin. He got caught with the perfect punch on the ear area which messes up your equilibrium.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I hope you aren't suggesting he try out Erislandy Lara next time out or something to see ih hrlhe vs

I think Lubin has been bullying bs inferior opponents almost his whole career. More often than not thats dead guy parade for the guy making the big jump.

I think he skipped over some levels on then move up. He needs to back tracing to to find em.
    What's the level below Charlo? 154 is top heavy. Vanes woulda been a nice fight but he left and positioning for an eliminator with Ishe. And Vanes nor Trout would fight JRock when he was in the same position as Lubin was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Thats what happens when you're used to hitting 82 mph fastballs then all of a sudden someone is throwing 98 with a sick breaking ball. Stay in your lane, prospects. Get some experience against different styles and levels of opponents before you make the jump in the deep end. Hasn't ended well for the best 2 prospects at 154 ...

That's why you guys not impressed by a guy like LOMACHENKO doing what he has against the level of guys like Walters and Russell Jr DKSAB. There's lots of really good amateur fighters who never amount to anything.
      If you can't fight today, you can't fight tomorrow. Most times when young fighters are exposed as not being ready is when they're dragged into deep waters and drowned.

Lubin was caught in the 1st. Experience doesn't stop you from getting finished in the 1st. If you get clip cold and have a less than stellar chin there's a chance you get stopped. Ask Terry Norris.

Might be a blessing in disguise for Lubin like it was for Norris, when SRL cherry picked him and got battered around the ring for 12 rounds straight.

Maybe he gets cherrypicked by Mayweather in a couple of years looking to shake off the rust for a major comeback fight.

Comment

Anyone can get caught with a shot like that. Its a bit early to write lubins obituary. Let's see what he does from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
          His team did lubin a real disservice they rushed that poor boy and threw him in the lion den that type of Ko he will prabably be ruined

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Jack had tougher fights and the same happened to him against a guy who wasn't as good as Mell. These things happen no matter the level of competition.
            They happen a lot more often when you haven't been moving up the ladder like one should. I mean nearly everyone said they felt this was a sizable jump up in class.

I don't think it's his chin. He got caught with the perfect punch on the ear area which messes up your equilibrium.
            Anyone who's been moved away from bigger punchers after a earlier bad night and than gets turned into an invalid after falling outta his chair in their first big fight in the first is probably got a Khan chin.

What's the level below Charlo? 154 is top heavy. Vanes woulda been a nice fight but he left and positioning for an eliminator with Ishe. And Vanes nor Trout would fight JRock when he was in the same position as Lubin was.
            Kid is young as f#ck this seemed like a jump outta nowhere at a title and it looked just like that with how things went down.

I wouldn't put this kid in with any top 5 guy til 2019 at best. I'd work on the kid in 2018. Get him some W's vs some tough but winnable journeyman. Throw him a couple fringe contenders. Maybe end out 2018 with Gaushe, or Trout. Hell maybe Hurd in early 2019 for a belt. They threw this kid a bunch of club show opponents and then threw him in with Charlo who merked him like few guys get merked.

I thought they knew something I didn't with making this fight lol.

Comment

Difficult to judge Lubin on this performance. He was KO before we saw anything from him.

Comment

Working...
              X