No announcement yet.

If cotto had roach earlier in his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    One was on a wheel chair who they also tried to drain, one was a zombie from The Walking Dead and the other is the true definition of a bum.

So, again, who has he defeated?
    lol..exactly..its all match making....Cotto hasnt beat anyone worth a damn in years

Comment

Yes it would have made a difference. It clearly made a difference later on in his career after he had already developed bad habits. It would have benefited him greatly early on. How that would have affected the outcome of some of his fights is another question. I think it would have been enough to beat Margarito and Trout. Possibly Mayweather if he hadn't already taken beatings by Pac and Margarito. Alvarez was just too big and strong for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        Martinez, geale, kamegei in extremely dominate performances. I think he wold have beat trout had Roach been training him. He looks better overall, and he's older. Honestly his performance against Canelo was great considering his age, and considering Canelos explosiveness and youth.
        wasnt great at all Canelo dominated him..Floyd was older than Cotto and toyed with Canelo

Comment

Kamegei still touched Cotto with uppercuts, fortunately for Cotto the man isn't a puncher. His susceptibility to uppercuts never went away, Cotto never developed a right hand, it's decent in combinations, he certainly has power with it but he doesn't lead very well with it. Roach did nothing to fix any of that, what Roach did was probably light a fire under Cotto and help his conditioning. Other than that there hasn't been any improvements.

I think he would have beaten Trout in a rematch but other than that, he never would have stood a chance against Pacquiao nor Mayweather. Pacquiao would have always been Cotto's kryptonite because Cotto didn't have the right kind of jab or a lead right.
          Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-06-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Only clowns bought into the "rejuvenated under Roach" narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              He's looked rejuvinated at such an old age, his offense and timing seem way better.

Would his career be different?
              LMAO its the opposition he picks. when he is picked vs floyd,manny,and canelo he loses. he gets picked because of the puerto rican business side of it. if you look at his resume outside those 3 names that picked him its crap. overrated fighter of our era. rejuvenated my arse ...seriously analyze his resume and please don't mention the one legged martinez ...

Comment

Working...
              X