Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight did GGG start doing year round VADA testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight did GGG start doing year round VADA testing?

Just wondering. Because he looked like a machine against Macklin, best stamina I have seen from a power puncher in I don't know how many years, just like when he fought Stevens, but then when he fought for the WBC interim against Rubio, he didn't look quite as sharp to me. But then when he had the WBC interim belt and fought Lemieux, I know they were doing VADA for that fight, and GGG looked great again. Maybe not quite as sharp or with as much stamina as against Murray, but honestly it was basically the same, and he was a year older and fighting a much more dangerous guy. And that was definitely with VADA.

So I'm not accusing GGG of anything. In fact the David Lemieux performance proves he's clean if anything (or at least VADA clean, like how Ward was VADA clean against Kovalev but we all know what went on. But Ward had all the signs, GGG had none). But I'm just wondering when the testing started? Against Brook again he didn't look quite as good, and Jacobs was sort of in the middle. Plus now two and a half years have passed since the Martin Murray fight, so you have the age variable as well when comparing. But against Murray and Stevens he just kept attacking and throwing punches like the terminator. Against Jacobs he would fight a round, then take off a round, as the fight went on, similar to how Pacquiao as he aged could still look spectacular in spurts, like in the first Bradley fight, but then would take off some rounds too which allowed the judges to rob him vs Bradley.

But again maybe Jacobs size and body punches are what made GGG take some breaks, not age. GGG made Jacobs take plenty of breaks too and Jacobs is not old. But Jacobs never had GGG's stamina so that's why it's more concerning when GGG is taking rounds off than when Jacobs is.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 07-11-2017, 05:39 AM.

jacobs is simply better and rangier so its more difficult for ggg to land full power shots, and he has enough power to keep ggg honest

Comment

The secret to Gennady's NEW style of closing the ring is for him to charge those lunging hooks in either direction the fighter evades the ropes. It's a brilliant tactic because his best shots in lunging and leverage requires .5 - 1m pouncing to throw that mean hook. He's great at it when fighters are fleeing counterclocks wise (on their left around the ring). He also has the option to use his left body shot hook too.

His success comes from guys fleeing as he can setup the pouncing shots needed and that's when they feel his power. This is why he's always practicing the same overhand hooks on a bag or the mitts and pillow with Abel.

The question is how will Gennady setup his shots on Alvarez and his defense. They will have a plan for the ropes and lateral movement. If K2's plan is to just jab all night, then expect Alvarez to counter back to secure point coverage on the doubt. I think Alvarez will be way stronger at 160. People need to see more of Nelo's highlights and add the power factor now at 160 minus the speed. Who from GGG's opposition even released flexible shots like Alvarez? When Nelo bobs and weaves rest assured the judges will be in awe

Comment

He delayed the testing until a month out before the Lemieux and Wade fights. He wasn't in the CBP for those fights.

Lemieux fight was announced in July for 17th October, Golovkin didn't start testing until September 26th. = Less than a month.

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...testing--96271

Wade fight was announced at the beginning of Feb for 23rd April, Golovkin didn't start testing until 25th March. = 1 Month

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 07-11-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          He delayed the testing until a month out before the Lemieux and Wade fights. He wasn't in the CBP for those fights.
          Isaac spinning facts and turning them into lies, as usual. Golovkin didn't delay anything. He started the VADA testing when VADA told him to, same as everybody else.

Comment

Jacobs has never lost a fight on points or been losing before he was stopped and he had a ko streak against some abled bodied competitors, you can't just attribute Golovkin's poorer showing by comparison to him raising his conpetrpkn level versus Jacobs ? Cmon man, look at the respect and showing he put on versus Lemieux, a thunderous puncher dude took eight rounds to finally put him away, simply because the guy was as big a puncher as himself if not more fearsome in some quarters. Jacobs whilst not as durable is as big a puncher as Lemieux and Golovkin only they haven't saturated their resumes with the guys Golovkin has fought.

Ain't nothing to do with no longer using PED's and lack of stamina, it's about quality of opposition and respecting his opposition.

Comment

Strange that a guy would start slowing down in his 30's. Very suspect indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Isaac spinning facts and turning them into lies, as usual. Golovkin didn't delay anything. He started the VADA testing when VADA told him to, same as everybody else.
                Do you guys ever get bored of attacking and defending Golovkin, every Golovkin thread I come to it's always the same obsessed guys repeating the same rhetoric.

Comment

GGG's power and skill is there but his hand speed has taken a dramatic turn for the worst his last 2 fights. I honestly thought against Brook he was just fighting a quicker/lighter WW but against a huge MW in Jacobs he looked even slower. I expect Canelo to look like a an M16 on burst the first 4rds against GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Strange that a guy would start slowing down in his 30's. Very suspect indeed...
                    Lmfao, give em hell man.

Comment

Working...
                    X