Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs is the modern day Gerald McClellan & Julian Jackson. Will stop GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I would liken ggg more to the likes of g-man and Jackson.. Heavy handed explosive punchers

Jacobs reminds me more of terry norris, with quick handspeed, and two handed power

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      Danny Jacobs has a few tools in his arsenal and can sure be a huge threat to GGG, however this man's chin is a great liability and against a guy like GGG, all it could take is 1 punch. If jacobs wants to win he needs to fight an ugly inside fight for most of the time, tie up GGG before he gets off and when he's not roughing GGG up on the inside he should box and move.

The closer u r to GGG the safer u r, Jacobs can fight on the inside and has what it takes to rough up GGG, he also has power to stop GGG from coming at him and maybe enough power to hurt GGG himself.

60-40 fight in favor of GGG because of Jacobs chin, if he had a better chin it would be a 50-50 fight.
      Great points in this post.

Tying up GGG gets overlooked by many.

The key to victory for Jacobs would be going to the body, fiercely counter-punching GGG and demanding respect with each punch and tying him up before he gets off.

Great points.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        Danny Jacobs has a few tools in his arsenal and can sure be a huge threat to GGG, however this man's chin is a great liability and against a guy like GGG, all it could take is 1 punch. If jacobs wants to win he needs to fight an ugly inside fight for most of the time, tie up GGG before he gets off and when he's not roughing GGG up on the inside he should box and move.

The closer u r to GGG the safer u r, Jacobs can fight on the inside and has what it takes to rough up GGG, he also has power to stop GGG from coming at him and maybe enough power to hurt GGG himself.

60-40 fight in favor of GGG because of Jacobs chin, if he had a better chin it would be a 50-50 fight.
        So fight like Vlad...gotcha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Jacobs is a great puncher with both hands and a serious threat to anybody he fights. Jackson and McClellan were great punchers but they have nothing what so ever to do with Jacobs. They are three very hard punching middleweights who are different fighters with no connection to each other. GGG is a hard punching middleweight too with 92% KOs which is the highest in middleweight champion history. You think Jacobs will KO GGG and you could be right. We will all find out who wins that fight in real life very soon. I think GGG will be a heavy betting favorite and he will KO Jacobs. Their punching power is close to the same but GGG has a much better chin. GGG has never been knocked down while Jacobs has been KOed by Pirog and dropped by the very light punching Mora. I have Jacobs the third best middleweight in the world today with GGG being the best and Canelo being the 2nd best. Canelo might not hit quite as hard as Jacobs but he hits very hard, especially to the body. Canelo has a better chin than Jacobs and has never been knocked down. Jacobs is on his own against GGG. Jackson and McClellan can't help him.
          Respectable break down, but Jacobs and McClellan/Jackson are very alike. I broke it down step by step in the OP. Everything from the build to how the punches are put together to the speed to going for the kill when the wounded fighter is in fron t of them.

They fought in different era's but possess many similarities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Honestly I would liken ggg more to the likes of g-man and Jackson.. Heavy handed explosive punchers

Jacobs reminds me more of terry norris, with quick handspeed, and two handed power
            Heavily disagree there.

GGG doesn't have the height, fast combo's or agility of the aforementioned fighters.

The only thing GGG has is the power. He fights nothing like Gerald McClellan or Julian Jackson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Heavily disagree there.

GGG doesn't have the height, fast combo's or agility of the aforementioned fighters.

The only thing GGG has is the power. He fights nothing like Gerald McClellan or Julian Jackson
                I'm not saying they are replicas.. But if your going to compare, I think jacobs is most like norris

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
                  So fight like Vlad...gotcha!!!
                  More like Ward when he fought Kessler, rough inside fight most of the time where Kessler couldn't get off his power shots and whenever Ward felt he's out of balance or position he tied up Kessler and roughed him up even more. When not close to Kessler (which wasn't too long) he fought brilliantly on the outside and stayed busy with the jab to the head and body while always having the goal of tucking his chin down and going in to make it an inside fight.

That's the kind of fight that GGG won't be confortable with at all, pro style stuff, no sticking and moving no unnecessary movement and no midrange fighting for too long. If u take away GGG's power and try to make him fight without giving him space to extend while being the faster fighter, u can beat him, question is whether Jacobs can take a couple of GGG's punches because at some point of the fight he's gonna have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                    Jacobs vs Quillin was McClellan vs Jackson II reincarnated
                    If one of them got stopped after getting wobbled.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

And a glass jaw. Good comparison actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X