Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets all thank Grover Norquist for keeping politicians in check on tax increases

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets all thank Grover Norquist for keeping politicians in check on tax increases

He is a personal hero of mine. One of the most influential men in U.S. politics. Grover Norquist makes almost every Republican sign the Americans for Tax Reform pledge to not vote for Tax increases under any circumstances. And while most wouldn't wanna increase taxes on principle anyway, there are some R.I.N.O.'s (Repub in name only) that would do it IF he didn't keep them on a leash with the Tax pledge. If they vote to increases taxes, Grover comes after them full force.

Kick-Ass interview.

Owned MSNBC shill who tried to corner him about his Tax pledge but couldn't.

Comment

Chris Matthews tried to bully Grover, but Grover remains calm, consistent and chops him down piece by piece. Take that Chris.

Comment

Bumping an oldie.

Now that Taxgaddon is upon us, can Grover find a way to stop the Tax increases after the bush tax cuts expire.

I mean, his control is to keep politicians from voting 'yes' on tax increases. Not much he can do if they're automatically going to get raised next year. Anyway....enjoy his classical schooling of Chris Matthews. Like a fine boxer, boxing circles around an overly aggressive C plus slugger.

Comment

anybody who utters the words "lets all thank grover norquist" deserves a beat down.

Comment

Let's all thank Grover Norquist. Just kidding, I have no idea who he is.
            Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Let's all thank Grover Norquist. Just kidding, I have no idea who he is.

Oh common Jim. This is the man who pimp slaps those Republicans back in line who have impure thoughts of raising taxes. The guy the Liberals think is Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post

Oh common Jim. This is the man who pimp slaps those Republicans back in line who have impure thoughts of raising taxes. The guy the Liberals think is Satan.
                I think we should let the Bush tax cuts expire (all of them) in exchange for the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act and repeal of the Community Reinvestment Act.
                Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  I think we should let the Bush tax cuts expire. All of them.
                  And replace them with......?

Comment

It's a sad state when taxes are to go up automatically by default, because the so called 'tax cut' is about to expire. As if the govt is automatically entitled to our money and they're just giving us poor peasants a tax break/cut for a little while.

It should be the other way around. Tax increases should have an expiration date. Even the current rates are not tax cuts but high taxes. If they expire, the automatic default should be 0 Taxes until something new gets sign
                    ed.

Comment

Working...
                    X