No announcement yet.

Boxing Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydog
    For me, I'll go with 1970-1975. You had Joe Frazier in his prime, George Foreman is his prime, Ali had returned to boxing, the 3 legendary wars of Ali and Frazier. The first half of the 70's was arguably the toughest and most talented era of boxing. You had Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Norton, Lyle, Chuvalo, Quarry, Bonavena, etc.
    yea the ali frazier foreman frazier norton ali foreman etc

Comment

For me, I'll go with 1970-1975. You had Joe Frazier in his prime, George Foreman is his prime, Ali had returned to boxing, the 3 legendary wars of Ali and Frazier. The first half of the 70's was arguably the toughest and most talented era of boxing. You had Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Norton, Lyle, Chuvalo, Quarry, Bonavena, etc.
      yeah, but from that span, which year stood out better?

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
        yeah, but from that span, which year stood out better?
        id say 73 or 74 cant decide which one

Comment

"Favorite" year is a difficult thing to place, but without question, for me the biggest benchmark year was 1982.

We had one of the biggest superfights in history that year (Holmes-Cooney) which brought out the very best of old big-fight atmosphere along with the very worst human nature had to offer.

Along the way, we were treated to two of the greatest fights in the history of boxing; Pryor-Arguello I and Chacon-Limon IV.

Most of all, at least for me, it meant the end of a painfully short era. Salvador Sanchez died at the age of 23, just as he was entering his prime years.

All in all, it was highs and lows, but NEVER boring, which is all that you could ask of any boxing year.

Comment

Originally posted by salsanchezfan
            "Favorite" year is a difficult thing to place, but without question, for me the biggest benchmark year was 1982.

We had one of the biggest superfights in history that year (Holmes-Cooney) which brought out the very best of old big-fight atmosphere along with the very worst human nature had to offer.

Along the way, we were treated to two of the greatest fights in the history of boxing; Pryor-Arguello I and Chacon-Limon IV.

Most of all, at least for me, it meant the end of a painfully short era. Salvador Sanchez died at the age of 23, just as he was entering his prime years.

All in all, it was highs and lows, but NEVER boring, which is all that you could ask of any boxing year.
            i think that was well put. nice job! keep up the good work!

Comment

I'll do me best! Thanks!

Comment

was going to say samething, for heavyweights

im not sure about best yr, all weight classes

Comment

1937....joe won the heavyweight belt

Comment

Originally posted by NextRocky
                    1937....joe won the heavyweight belt
                    i don't think one little match does the trick.

Comment

Late 60's and early 70's. I can't decide on just one year.

Comment

Working...
                      X