No announcement yet.

David Tua eyes Bruce Seldon showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Tua eyes Bruce Seldon showdown

According to reports on New Zealand sports radio, Heavyweight Contender David Tua is looking to bring 43 year old former World Champion Bruce seldon to New Zealand for a fight, in October of this year.

Tua's promoter Cedric Kushner: "David is taking his progression through the heavyweight ranks seriously, he is facing a dangerous opponent next in Monte Barett who fought for a world title, the next logical step is to fight a World Champion, which is why we are looking at bringing Bruce Seldon to New Zealand. Bruce is a well known American champion, and a fight between him and David would attract worldwide media attention"

just get as many fights as you can , fat man.

stay busy to keep in shape.

win enough even against bad competition and maybe you can get a peter or arreola fight.

Comment

How has Seldon looked lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        How has Seldon looked lately?
        dude , he's old and past it.

Comment

Ah, he got ko'd by fres oquendo in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sexy Beast View Post
            just get as many fights as you can , fat man.

stay busy to keep in shape.

win enough even against bad competition and maybe you can get a peter or arreola fight.

Didn't he have a chance to fight Arreola about 2 years ago? I sill think that would be an entertaining fight becaue of the styles and Tua's chin. Although Tua is WAY past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
              Didn't he have a chance to fight Arreola about 2 years ago?
              it actually was earlier this year.

he tried to work something out with maori tv so he can fight on hbo but they wouldn't budge.

he's just trying to get his contract done. either 1 or 2 more fights left i think.

maori tv can't really afford to pay for big names that's why you see friday ahunanyas and monte barretts and bruce seldons.

they have a little name recognition but still cheap.

Comment

he tried to work something out with maori tv so he can fight on hbo but they wouldn't budge.

he's just trying to get his contract done. either 1 or 2 more fights left i think.

maori tv can't really afford to pay for big names that's why you see friday ahunanyas and monte barretts and bruce seldons.

You think it would of been a wise move for a local tv station to let their guy fight on HBO, i mean they wouldn't lose anything, HBO sets it all up and they probably get more ratings.

As a guy nearing 40, you gotta think every year a couple of % of tuas abilities are draining away, and he needs to fight the top guys right now.

Comment

I would love to see that fight. The styles guarantee a shoot out. Tua's past his prime but he still has that power and chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    I would love to see that fight. The styles guarantee a shoot out. Tua's past his prime but he still has that power and chin.
                    Both have good power and chin, but isn't Areolla 6'4" i think Tua is like 5'9" so the 7 inch height difference could be an issue. still it would be a great fight, neither has that many other options right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X