Most wins vs. former or current world titlists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Who the hell did he ever beat?
    When he stepped up he lost, is Casamayor supposed to a great win? He lost to him two or three times! He beat Garcia who has a inflated record, who did he ever beat?
    Whats next Castillio is a ATG? His Johnson win was his best other than that he was good he was NOT great!

Fans fall in love and raise up in hate! Theres something about emotional sports fans that I don't care for. It's as if their living a part of their lives through their sports hero's.
    Sad to me I still think Chico Marx stops lil' Floyd early....

enough of the banter you all need to join a gym, that will give you a real perspective instead of the make believe non reality that stinks up this forum daily.

Ray
    The majority of the time I respect your knowledge, experience, and what you have to say.

But that doesn't mean that you are always right or that we always have to agree. Especially when it comes to your Floyd hate which frankly goes a little too far sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Chico Marx

Another "typo" I bet.

Nothing a quick boxrec search won't fix eh Ray? Clown
      He went straight too boxrec, no other way around how he replied really.

Shoulder: "Don't tell me that you've never heard of Chico? That would explain why you think Floyd never fought anyone who was feared. "

Ray: "Not knowing how Chico was seen during that period I'm going to Boxrec and I'm going to name people Chico fought after Floyd to attempt to devalue your point"

Don't do this Ray :/
      Last edited by NChristo; 10-09-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        He went straight too boxrec, no other way around how he replied really.

Shoulder: "Don't tell me that you've never heard of Chico? That would explain why you think Floyd never fought anyone who was feared. "

Ray: "Not knowing how Chico was seen during that period I'm going to Boxrec and I'm going to name people Chico fought after Floyd to attempt to devalue your point"

Don't do this Ray :/
        The clown has exposed himself literally time and time again. This isn't the first time he's made himself look a right wolley.

People give this joker the time of day, I don't know why.

Comment

If we're talking individual guys Floyd holds the record with 22. Obviously 50-100 years ago guys often fought the same opponents 3 or more times and were also fighting a lot more regularly. For example Robinson fighting LaMotta 6 times and fighting several times a month. Obviously he still gets full credit for that but it's not like 6 different guys. Not to say he should get more or less credit, just saying.

If we're talking recent years B-Hop is 16-6-1 and RJJ is 18-9. Julio Cesar Chavez was 18-4-2 which is kinda surprising. I thought with 100 plus fights he'd have surpassed Floyd's record vs world champs. Maybe Duran? I'll have to go count them. Kinda crazy how Chavez had more than twice as many fights but less world champs on his resume. Manny Pacquiao is also very close at 22-6-2.
          Last edited by JK1700; 10-09-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Like I've stated, with four sanctioning bodies it's much, much easier for Floyd to lead - while older fighters were around for the most part with a single champion in each weight class

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Like I've stated, with four sanctioning bodies it's much, much easier for Floyd to lead - while older fighters were around for the most part with a single champion in each weight class
              Yeah. Today you have 4 'recognized' sanctioning bodies and 17 divisions. That makes 68 potential champions (not counting 'regular', 'interims', 'silver', 'ring', 'lineal' etc.). Compare that to the 8 original champions.

Lets say that a welterweight from back in the day decides to move up 13 lbs, he would have a chance to get one boxer to give him a score in this threads criteria. If a boxer did that today, he'd have 8 potential scores.

It clearly shows that this comparison is not fair when comparing eras. It's clearly skewed towards modern fighters who also have the option of cherrypicking the easiest opponent to get a score.

Comment

"Chico Marx

Another "typo" I bet'.......he was the famous lightweight contender who's brothers also fought. The Fighting Marx Bros. everyone has heard of them.
                Groucho, Zeppo, Harpo, Chico and you dumbass!

If you think FGloyd is an ATG thats fine by me but to me he had solid years early his career at 147 is just BS!!
                The guy fought 11 or 12 bouts against hand picked opponents. Hand picked by him!
                Fighting Berto then the mma guy, please your insane if you don't think the great welters don't beat that kids azz. He has NO power at welter, none!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Yeah. Today you have 4 'recognized' sanctioning bodies and 17 divisions. That makes 68 potential champions (not counting 'regular', 'interims', 'silver', 'ring', 'lineal' etc.). Compare that to the 8 original champions.

Lets say that a welterweight from back in the day decides to move up 13 lbs, he would have a chance to get one boxer to give him a score in this threads criteria. If a boxer did that today, he'd have 8 potential scores.

It clearly shows that this comparison is not fair when comparing eras. It's clearly skewed towards modern fighters who also have the option of cherrypicking the easiest opponent to get a score.
                  thats about it

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                    thats about it
                    Yeah, it's kind of like in baseball when looking at the record for post season home runs. It's more fair to just look at World Series home runs because at one time, those were the only post season games there were. Now there are 3 rounds of playoffs, compared to 1, then 2 when divisional play started in the late '60s. Same thing in boxing, not a fair comparison. Better would maybe be something like any lineal or undisputed champions beat or which times the best possible fighter was beaten at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Exactly, some of Floyd's champ wins over guys like Guerrero, Victor Ortiz and Chop Chop

Comment

Working...
                      X