• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    LOL is this satire? Or delusion?

-Landed a few good shots?
    -Close fights?
    -Blatantly foul?

Reality
    - Ward landed good shots repeatedly, round after round starting from round 1 and finishing in round 8. Not only did he land good shots, he repeatedly stopped Kovalev in his tracks and rocked him. Ward was the more powerful fighter in the ring Saturday night.

-Other than senile Herold Lederman, everyone who actually scored the fight had Ward dominating. I don't think there is more than one round that was a clear Kovalev round. That one clear round for Kovalev, you can make a cake that he won one, maybe two more rounds (and that's being generous). That is not a close fight.

-As it's been shown repeatedly, most all of the "low blows" were in fact legal punches. Tony Weeks showing what is legal;

That means he had one or two actual low lows. We're they blatant? No way, there was no need for it since Ward was beating Kovalev up. Plus Ward was working the body all fight, something that Kovalev clearly is bothered by. We know he doesn't like body shots - Golovkin stopped him in sparring with a body shot, something confirmed by Kovalev himself. Writer Douglas Fischer saw the video tape as well and said it was something viscous. Kovalev refused to spar Golovkin from that day on.

Great strategy by Ward attacking the body, that's what did a lot of the damage and Ward had learned that later on in the first fight.

You want a DQ? That's hilarious coming from fans, absolutely pathetic coming from Kovalev who had embarrassed himself with his whining behavior. He talked so much **** going into the fight and absolutely laid an egg. That's who you should be upset with - Kovalev. He's the one that fought terribly.

Listen, I would totally understand your point IF it was an actual good fight and IF Kovalev did something, anything, to suggest he had a slight chance of winning. Instead he was getting battered and was clearly going to get KOd. Hey was done.
    Really good post. Totally agree.

I saw one low blow, but it wasn't blatant and Kovalev's trunks were damn near his ribcage. Aint nobody got time for dat.

He was stopped. He sat down in a manner that indicated he didn't want it anymore. That's the truth.
    It could have gone on a little longer, but talk of over turning a decision? lol please.

Comment

It's very understandable because he obviously has a dog in the fight. He's a gambling advisor. He picked Kovalev over Ward in this bout but got badly burned. So now he's salty by making excuses on why his guy loss.

Comment

NATAS is GOD.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          LOL is this satire? Or delusion?

-Landed a few good shots?
          -Close fights?
          -Blatantly foul?

Reality
          - Ward landed good shots repeatedly, round after round starting from round 1 and finishing in round 8. Not only did he land good shots, he repeatedly stopped Kovalev in his tracks and rocked him. Ward was the more powerful fighter in the ring Saturday night.

-Other than senile Herold Lederman, everyone who actually scored the fight had Ward dominating. I don't think there is more than one round that was a clear Kovalev round. That one clear round for Kovalev, you can make a cake that he won one, maybe two more rounds (and that's being generous). That is not a close fight.

-As it's been shown repeatedly, most all of the "low blows" were in fact legal punches. Tony Weeks showing what is legal;

That means he had one or two actual low lows. We're they blatant? No way, there was no need for it since Ward was beating Kovalev up. Plus Ward was working the body all fight, something that Kovalev clearly is bothered by. We know he doesn't like body shots - Golovkin stopped him in sparring with a body shot, something confirmed by Kovalev himself. Writer Douglas Fischer saw the video tape as well and said it was something viscous. Kovalev refused to spar Golovkin from that day on.

Great strategy by Ward attacking the body, that's what did a lot of the damage and Ward had learned that later on in the first fight.

You want a DQ? That's hilarious coming from fans, absolutely pathetic coming from Kovalev who had embarrassed himself with his whining behavior. He talked so much **** going into the fight and absolutely laid an egg. That's who you should be upset with - Kovalev. He's the one that fought terribly.

Listen, I would totally understand your point IF it was an actual good fight and IF Kovalev did something, anything, to suggest he had a slight chance of winning. Instead he was getting battered and was clearly going to get KOd. Hey was done.
          Reality: The final punches where fouls and should have resulted in a 5 minute break and a pointdeduction.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Reality: The final punches where fouls and should have resulted in a 5 minute break and a pointdeduction.
            Debatable at best. He was hurt going into the ropes. He was already bending over when the final shot hit him, why? Because he was hurt.

I don't think you're objective when it comes to Ward anyways because I know you have a long history of not liking the guy, since his fight with Kessler.

I'm being objective though myself because I'm not a fan of either guy, I just wanted​a good fight and there were few better fights in the sport and anytime a #1 vs #2 in a division happens, I get excited! For the record I absolutely wanted Kovalev to win as I thought Ward's behavior during the pre-fight build up was pretty cunty and I was hoping Ward would be humbled. But as it turns out, it's Kovalev who has shown poor character. But that's neither here nor there; all that outside the ring stuff is irrelevant to what happened inside the ring.

I think if everyone were to put their bias aside, the narrative on this site would match reality - that Kovalev got beat up, he got out classed. And that Kovalev looked really bad (both in part because Ward did so well and probably also because Kovalev fought a bad fight technically speaking (his game plan/strategy was bad - following him around the ring rather than using his distance that he is known for proved to be a terrible idea!)).

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Really good post. Totally agree.

I saw one low blow, but it wasn't blatant and Kovalev's trunks were damn near his ribcage. Aint nobody got time for dat.

He was stopped. He sat down in a manner that indicated he didn't want it anymore. That's the truth.
              It could have gone on a little longer, but talk of over turning a decision? lol please.
              Please, tell us more about Kovalev's trunks being too high compared to Ward's... Enlighten us. It seems that Ward was the one with his trunks higher but who needs proof, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                Please, tell us more about Kovalev's trunks being too high compared to Ward's... Enlighten us. It seems that Ward was the one with his trunks higher but who needs proof, right?

And why does Ward's trunks matter in this conversation?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  And why does Ward's trunks matter in this conversation?
                  Because the person I originally quoted said that Kov's trunks were up to his ribcage, so I responded.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    Because the person I originally quoted said that Kov's trunks were up to his ribcage, so I responded.
                    I said that.

And I'll ask again, why does it matter how high up Ward's trunks were?

Comment

I think Ward woulve won the fight anyway but the last punch was a low blow. I doubt Ward did it on purpose but it was a low blow regardless. Kovalev needs to defend the body better, period

Comment

Working...
                      X