Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's Return in Limbo After Promised Funds Never Surface

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    This clown is in a office in the Philippines.

He got scammed by his first promoter who paid him peanuts.
    He signed a contract with Top Rank and then signed with Goldenboy at the same time.
    He got ripped off by one of his aides or some **** taking money to the bank for him.
    Now he's making and announcing fights with money that doesn't exist.

Pac is literally the laughing stock of this sport over the last five years or so (in terms of management). I will always wonder how much money he's actually seen from his supposed "fortune". But this dipsh.it KEPT resigning with Arum...cracks me up

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Anyone else feel that Arum had a hand in getting this fight shut down?

I don't think so. Maybe if it was in his stomping ground, but his influence doesn't extend to the whole world.

Comment

No doubt about it.

Comment

This was obvious from the start. They were just too greedy to see it for what it was.

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          This clown is in a office in the Philippines.

He got scammed by his first promoter who paid him peanuts.
          He signed a contract with Top Rank and then signed with Goldenboy at the same time.
          He got ripped off by one of his aides or some **** taking money to the bank for him.
          Now he's making and announcing fights with money that doesn't exist.

Slightly concerning, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            Lol.... there is a god. Ole glass jaw is out (again!)of a money fight he never deserved.

May be Brook would be kind enough to find him a place on his undercard. Skeete would do but a tough one for Con.

Lol
            Hahaha SKEETE! YESSSS! Lol that would be hilarious to see Khan getting chinned up by Bradley Skeete.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              How horny Jeff Horn is right now

BWaHaahaHA!!!

Comment

Uhhh, no? Arum is just like Manny - he's about making the most money, because Arum gets paid based off what Manny gets paid.

Why would Arum want to do a fight in Australia against Horn, where Pac was offered a guarantee of probably somewhere between 5-8 million (just my guess), where I'm sure there would also be a lot more taxes than in Dubai, where Pac was prolly looking at 25-28 million share of that supposed 38 million.

Promoters get a standard 27% cut of their boxer's share.

What's best for Manny is what's best for Arum - go where the most money is.

Arum just knew that this was a waste of time - time is important when you're trying to put together a fight, so this little debacle just cost them another 2-3 weeks of getting contracts done, and setting promotional tour dates, training camp dates, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  No doubt about it.
                  Why... Arum only makes as much money as Pac generates.

Arum gets 27% of Pac's revenue (this is the standard promotor's cut), so why would Arum sabotage a fight that would pocket him more money than anywhere else right now?

That just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Breaking! According to my secret informant, Pac will fight Crawford on May 20 at Jr welterweight division!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      haha finallly some justice against cherry picking
                      Yeah he should've just fought horn instead right? People are letting their hate of Khan blind them from the fact that this would've been a very entertaining fight however long it lasted.

Comment

Working...
                      X