Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Hagler Would Have Too Much For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin has some way to go before the comparison to marvin hagler.....hagler was a perfect wrecking ball.....when golovkin has beaten everybody and stayed at the top for 5 years then we can compare...until then let's see golovkin begin that journey

Comment

People are debating this?? Lol. Who has Genady faced that would make your think he could beat Haggler? You do understand that watching someone stomp the Lemieux and Rosado's of the world is different than seeing a guy in there with Hearns, Leonard etc, right? Saying it might be a good fight is one thing but these guys have two radically different resumes and it's beyond foolish to assume ggg is Haggler level until he proves it. Again, without any excuses, explain who he has faced to show that he's on that level?

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
        For me GGG beats BHOP by UD, in a tough fight.

Hagler would be a more competitive., but that would be a war. Hagler would push for that brawl and may end that fight KOing GGG in later rounds.
        But it could also go the other way...
        You are out of ur fu*king mind...Bernard ANNNND the Marvelous marvin Haglar would take his damn soul. YOu forget wut a grizzled mean & nasty beast bernard was at 34-36 yrs old...(his real prime). He would utilize GGG's strengths against him & fight him on the inside...outside...headbutts...tie up...beat him to the punch...take him to deep water etc. Frustrate him w/ movement. Bernard up until he turned late 40's barely got hit flush...let alone w/ combinations. Chin always tucked. X has problems w/ superior athletes...not slower methodical more predictable fighters like galovkin. **** wouldn't even be close. Same w/ RJJ. He would wipe the fu*kin mat w/ ggg w/ speed & power & angles. They know why it's wise to avoid Ward. It's like fighting a hybrid of those fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          I wish Gene Tunney had the balls to fight opponents who looked like Kunta Kinte.
          You better read some of my other posts here... This one only was an ironic hint about the "antiquity" of Lennox's examples -- in a post before I said that tomorrow they will come and say that SRR would have easily beat Golovkin... And SRR is my all time favorite (together with Ali), so gimme' a break...

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Hagler was robbed against Watts and Antuofermo. He also crushed both in rematches.That's why you shouldn't post information from boxrec when you know nothing about the fights.
            Exactly....get em the foh!

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
              A racist, are you? This account is about to be reported.
              Green K sent to you, kid...
              ... report anything you please -- but first read some of my posts these days in order to get more "edified"...

Comment

We know that Golovkin has never fought an opponent like Hagler.

What about Hagler? Which of his opponents most resembled Golovin?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                  We know that Golovkin has never fought an opponent like Hagler.

What about Hagler? Which of his opponents most resembled Golovin?
                  Well we know Hagler could take a punch (Mugabi, Haerns). Not sure who had GGG style.

Its an interesting fight. People getting worked up about the comparison, but its just a fun match up.
                  Hagler could do too much. Just like Lennox said.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                    You are out of ur fu*king mind...Bernard ANNNND the Marvelous marvin Haglar would take his damn soul. YOu forget wut a grizzled mean & nasty beast bernard was at 34-36 yrs old...(his real prime). He would utilize GGG's strengths against him & fight him on the inside...outside...headbutts...tie up...beat him to the punch...take him to deep water etc. Frustrate him w/ movement. Bernard up until he turned late 40's barely got hit flush...let alone w/ combinations. Chin always tucked. X has problems w/ superior athletes...not slower methodical more predictable fighters like galovkin. **** wouldn't even be close. Same w/ RJJ. He would wipe the fu*kin mat w/ ggg w/ speed & power & angles. They know why it's wise to avoid Ward. It's like fighting a hybrid of those fighters.
                    Hopkins almost lost to Segundo Mercado... anything is possible.

Roy Jones Jr. would have beaten ANYONE at middleweight. I'd also pick Hagler over Golovkin. It would have been a hell of a fight though, that's for sure. I think Hagler would win by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      Hopkins almost lost to Segundo Mercado... anything is possible.

Roy Jones Jr. would have beaten ANYONE at middleweight. I'd also pick Hagler over Golovkin. It would have been a hell of a fight though, that's for sure. I think Hagler would win by UD.
                      That Mercado fight was weeeellllll before Bernard's peak. He went back & stopped him in the rematch if I'm not mistaken. I was like a freshman in H.S Bernard didn't peak until around when I left college. I'm talking about THAT version of Bernard That even RJJ was leery to rematch. (Nard was green the first time they met) & I agree...The great Rjj is easily one of they greatest athletic phenoms we've ever witnessed. It's crazy bc people only seem to remember his athleticism...but he grew up fghting & his ring intelligence is super high..(His HBO commentary proves that) He also was a defensive marvel (in an unorthodox sorta way) Who else can we say went a full rd w/out being touched... it's insane.

I just like to study the little nuances of fighting. When I watch Haglar create angle when he switches stances mid combo. When I watch Bernard...out think opps & shut down their primary weapons & wear them down mentally & physically..When I see Duran feint a man out of his shoes to creat opportunities....I just don't see that today. Save from a small handful of fighters. Based on what I've seen from golovkin thus far. It's not even a real debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X