Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brazilian Indigenous tribe in Amazon makes first contact with outside world.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important question is: How are they reacting to the news of Lebron going back to Cleveland?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Why the **** are they calling them Indians again?
      The general consensus is that Christopher Columbus set out sailing in search of Indian sub-continent that is present day India, Pakistan & Bangladesh. Instead he ended up in Americas, but he thought it was India, so he called those people Indians. The term caught on. In Canada they don't call them Indians anymore.

You are correct they shouldn't be called Indians hence, why I said "Brazilian Indigenous" tribe in my thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        The general consensus is that Christopher Columbus set out sailing in search of Indian sub-continent that is present day India, Pakistan & Bangladesh. Instead he ended up in Americas, but he thought it was India, so he called those people Indians. The term caught on. In Canada they don't call them Indians anymore.

You are correct they shouldn't be called Indians hence, why I said "Brazilian Indigenous" tribe in my thread title.
        I would just think it would click in the minds of any educated person that they are obviously not Indians. I am glad to know Canada and people like you have seen things through.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          So, it is a Native Indian tribe, which has never made contact with outside world as the title suggests and have been living in the Amazon forest all this time. It is quite surreal.

I just thought it was a good read.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...outside-world/
          It looks like she's holding a steel knife

If that's the case then I call bull**** on the isolated part. They've atleast traded at some point..

Unless, of course, they have their own iron mine and blacksmith but can't make a proper boat to explore enough to make human contact...

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post

If that's the case then I call bull**** on the isolated part. They've atleast traded at some point..

Unless, of course, they have their own iron mine and blacksmith but can't make a proper boat to explore enough to make human contact...
            Yeah i agree with you, look at the white bowl in the front it look like metal bowl been produce by manufacture, and the knife clearly steel.

they been trading with outside world or atleast another tribes with access to outside world

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post

You raise a great point. Then again theories get proven wrong all the time and now that basic contact has been established as time progresses we shall discover how "isolated" these guys were after all.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 07-12-2014, 04:42 AM.

Comment

To the people saying 'they've had contact with the outside world, look at the knife & bowl'... that doesn't mean they've had contact with the outside world, that just means they've had contact with other tribes who've had contact with the outside world, or who have had contact with another tribe who have had contact with the outside world, and so on.

Or how a commenter on that website put it - "This is how trade routes have worked since before recorded history. Archaeology & recorded history proves this. A rich man in Lugdunum buys Chinese silk from a local merchant who bought it from a Venetian merchant who bought it from an Ottoman merchant who bought it from an Indian merchant who bought it from a chinese manufacturer. The rich man has never been to China."

Comment

Working...
                X