No announcement yet.

Gaming PC's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming PC's

I'm going to need help with this from the PC gamers, if there's any here.

So I want to go from a console player to a PC player. My computer is old as hell, it's a 2006 computer from e Machines. It's no where near being a gaming PC, and to upgrade it to one I know I will either have to do a lot of upgrading or just buy a new PC.

So here are my embarrassing computer specs, that are outdated even for a normal non gaming PC.

I don't know what you guys need to know so I will just list some of the stuff and you ask me what else you need to know.

Don't laugh at me.

Hard Drive: 120GB
    Memory: 2GB RAM[I see gaming PC's have anywhere from 8-16GB RAM?]
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11[Whatever that is]

Device: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
    Approx. Total Memory: 256MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 720 (32bit) (60 Hz)[I read some where that 32bit is too little for gaming?]
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

If you need to know the driver specs let me know.

So what do you guys have to say about this old piece of crap?

u have gambled on pcs before mate? the whole mouse keyboard thing is akward, plus installing the game is a pain for simple minded people like us, and theyre very expensive so i wouldnt recommend buying a pc just for gaming.
    i have a cool laptop that runs any game but its much better to play on console for me.
    i got it for like 800 bucks it has an nvidia 630 and its blue and looks pretty, graphic cards are the most important thing yo

Comment

you can play most PS2 PC classic's no problems

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
        u have gambled on pcs before mate? the whole mouse keyboard thing is akward, plus installing the game is a pain for simple minded people like us, and theyre very expensive so i wouldnt recommend buying a pc just for gaming.
        i have a cool laptop that runs any game but its much better to play on console for me.
        i got it for like 800 bucks it has an nvidia 630 and its blue and looks pretty, graphic cards are the most important thing yo
        I am not planning on gaming with the keyboard and mouse, i've done that before when I was a kid and didn't like it, I want a controller.

The primary use for a gaming PC would be for gaming, but also for downloading boxing fights and movies, and internet surfing.

Comment

PC gaming is the way to go. Im certainly no authority on the subject but I know that if you have the space, money and patience its definitely a better choice than consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            you can play most PS2 PC classic's no problems
            A PS2 can do that too.

Comment

My 2008 PC that I added agaming card to make it a bearable Gaming PC just broke a month ago. With only 400-500 dollar budget I went to Fry's electronics to purchase a gaming PC. This guy recommended me an ASUS PC, it was less than 500 bucks.

Let me get you the specs.

ASUSTeK Computer INC
              6144MB RAM
              Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
              AMD Radeon HD 7470 Series

Comment

Working...
              X