Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just rewatched Clottey vs Cotto and rescored it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the test

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Clottey won that fight

Pac's win over Clottey is one of the most underrated W's of his career

Before that fight was made, ppl were saying Clottey was the kind of legit welterweight that Pacquiao would never fight
      Pacquiao's "win" over Clottey is very suspect, to this day I'm convinced that Clottey threw the fight by receiving a fat bonus from Arum. Clottey was too good to just do nothing but shell up and let Pacquiao 'bang bang' him over and over for 12 rounds. If a serous Clottey would have showed up this would have been a highly competitive match, they knew he was too dangerous and I firmly believe he would have never gotten the fight if something shady didn't happen behind closed doors. Dude got his money and basically stopped taking boxing serious after this bout, it's plain to see. Ok, I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Pacquiao's "win" over Clottey is very suspect, to this day I'm convinced that Clottey threw the fight by receiving a fat bonus from Arum. Clottey was too good to just do nothing but shell up and let Pacquiao 'bang bang' him over and over for 12 rounds. If a serous Clottey would have showed up this would have been a highly competitive match, they knew he was too dangerous and I firmly believe he would have never gotten the fight if something shady didn't happen behind closed doors. Ok, I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.
        pac was just a bad match up for clottey. Clotteys' game is to block your punches until you punch yourself out then he starts to pick you apart. Problem was pac had endless stamina and didn't stop punching. SO clottey got stuck in his shell.

If you into conspiracies then I think canelo not going after floyd at all, boxing like an idiot on the outside was more shady. That **** looked like a sparring session.

Comment

Clear robbery man you only had to make up a 10-8 round and somehow give Clottey the benefit of the doubt in round 1 where he managed to do nothing but get knocked down by a jab.

Going by your scorecard and scoring it correctly you had Cottto winning 114-113 the only difference being the kd. Not very convincing, next time have the guy being "robbed" winning by more than 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            Clear robbery man you only had to make up a 10-8 round and somehow give Clottey the benefit of the doubt in round 1 where he managed to do nothing but get knocked down by a jab.

Going by your scorecard and scoring it correctly you had Cottto winning 114-113 the only difference being the kd. Not very convincing, next time have the guy being "robbed" winning by more than 2 points.
            Round 9 was a toss up round for me. Everytime I watch the fight I switch back and forth. It is a tossup. If I give Clottey round 9. the scorecard reads 115-111. Now, I can always watch the round again and again. There are three ways to watch a fight. With sound, without sound, and if you are disciplined enough to do it, listen for the sound of the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              10-10=As if nothing happened at all

10-8= The round was won because of a knockdown and the fighter did enough in the round to possibly win it.

9-9= The round was dominated by a particular fighter and the round that the fighter was dominating in was the round he got knocked down in
              10 point must unless the winner of a round is penalized by the ref. In this scenario it has to be Cotto. The fighter who is knocked down loses two points by rule - but since in your judgment the knockdown was no big deal and Clottey won the round..you give him back a point giving him 9. Cotto still wins the round.

you actually have a draw bro

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                Round 9 was a toss up round for me. Everytime I watch the fight I switch back and forth. It is a tossup. If I give Clottey round 9. the scorecard reads 115-111. Now, I can always watch the round again and again. There are three ways to watch a fight. With sound, without sound, and if you are disciplined enough to do it, listen for the sound of the punches.
                Keep watching the fight a little more. Hopefully you'll have a more convincing argument as to why it was a "clear robbery" despite the fact you're struggling to legitimately score the fight against Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                  pac was just a bad match up for clottey. Clotteys' game is to block your punches until you punch yourself out then he starts to pick you apart. Problem was pac had endless stamina and didn't stop punching. SO clottey got stuck in his shell.

If you into conspiracies then I think canelo not going after floyd at all, boxing like an idiot on the outside was more shady. That **** looked like a sparring session.

I had followed Clottey's career leading up to that fight pretty well, I could tell something was off. It's like he wasn't fighting full force, and just chilled in his shell the entire night and threw a few punches every other round (which still managed to leave Pacquiao's face a mess after their "fight.")

You say it was just a bad style match up for Clottey, but then what explains him just disappearing from boxing afterwards? Clottey was a serious contender, he fought Zab, Cotto, Pacquiao and then....took over a year off and returned against some bum. Clottey gave Cotto hell and many believe that he actually won that fight. They weren't going to let him do that to Manny, so I believe Arum gave him some undisclosed money to throw the fight and go buy a big mansion in Ghana.

Regarding Canelo-Mayweather, if you were paying attention Canelo and their team told everybody before the bout he was going to fight with that ******ed strategy.

Comment

Sorry not a draw, it looks like you'd still have Clottey winning even after rescoring round 1 10-9 Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                      Keep watching the fight a little more. Hopefully you'll have a more convincing argument as to why it was a "clear robbery" despite the fact you're struggling to legitimately score the fight against Cotto.
                      Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      Sorry not a draw, it looks like you'd still have Clottey winning even after rescoring round 1 10-9 Cotto.
                      God Damn ya'll. Damn, I have to watch that fight again now because of you guys to give a better explanation. I will do it at halftime when my Chargers are kicking the **** out of the raiders

Comment

Working...
                      X