No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    So what have you been buying since values have dropped?
    Bought some msft, and added positions to jpm and Apple.

Looking to buy Disney here if it stays under $100.

Sold a sliver of my amazon holdings to unlock some cash to buy.

Have a sell limit order for IEP at $60. Thing hit 59.99 but not 60 so I still have my shares

Have about 5% cash now. Looking to add India n China index etfs namely FLIN and FLCH.

Have been watching reits and asset management companies as they have gotten beaten down to really low levels and are at the bottom for the most part

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Bought some msft, and added positions to jpm and Apple.

Looking to buy Disney here if it stays under $100.

Sold a sliver of my amazon holdings to unlock some cash to buy.

Have a sell limit order for IEP at $60. Thing hit 59.99 but not 60 so I still have my shares

Have about 5% cash now. Looking to add India n China index etfs namely FLIN and FLCH.

Have been watching reits and asset management companies as they have gotten beaten down to really low levels and are at the bottom for the most part
      Same here.. I buy them, they fall 1-2$ and buy them again..
      FB started bringing the tech stocks down and with that a large chunk of market.. Now Amazon.. Although I haven't bought Amazon, it seems a good buy because they will bounce back up..

I'm also buying FB one or two at a time when the price is below 156-158.. FB might fall some more but since I am a long term guy I will take the chance of it going up..

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Sugar Adam Ali Thoughts on Amazon's stocks falling since Trump started attacking them
        see like I told ya, if you would have put 100K into amazon yesterday when you wrote this, you would have made about 1500 in 24 hours. not bad huh.

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        BUY all you can (well if you had money like that (talking in genreal)

cause its gonna go back up, and keep climbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          see like I told ya, if you would have put 100K into amazon yesterday when you wrote this, you would have made about 1500 in 24 hours. not bad huh.
          Yes, but that’s more trading rather than investing.

But yeah, that can be an effective strategy, buying any dips and quickly selling them. But also incredible risky for a 1.5% return.
          Especially considering you’re one trump tweet away from getting chopped another 5%. And the taxes kill ya cuz it’s not considered long term. That’s why Day traders have to have so much volume in trades.

I have been known to employ this strategy from time to time, but now it’s usually just to build to positions in companies I own on the dips.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
            Same here.. I buy them, they fall 1-2$ and buy them again..
            FB started bringing the tech stocks down and with that a large chunk of market.. Now Amazon.. Although I haven't bought Amazon, it seems a good buy because they will bounce back up..

I'm also buying FB one or two at a time when the price is below 156-158.. FB might fall some more but since I am a long term guy I will take the chance of it going up..
            Yeah, I think Facebook is a very good buy below 160. These dudes literally print money and aren’t trading at a crazy valuation like amazon, Netflix, etc.

I bought fb no limit order at 176 a few months ago when it plunged about the algorithm changing. If it stays in the 150s I will probably add more. Fb has the best margins in the business and should be over $200 in the next 12 months.
            I’m waiting til next earnings report to see if the user volume has fallen, that could drop the stock even lower if it’s down, or could pop it if it stays the same or higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Yeah, I think Facebook is a very good buy below 160. These dudes literally print money and aren’t trading at a crazy valuation like amazon, Netflix, etc.

I bought fb no limit order at 176 a few months ago when it plunged about the algorithm changing. If it stays in the 150s I will probably add more. Fb has the best margins in the business and should be over $200 in the next 12 months.
              I’m waiting til next earnings report to see if the user volume has fallen, that could drop the stock even lower if it’s down, or could pop it if it stays the same or higher.
              Ali, were you interested in that Spotify listing?

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                How much did you make off it?

Comment

How much did you make off it?
                  0 I dont mess with stocks.... yet.

Comment

Ali, were you interested in that Spotify listing?
                    Not really. Same goes for Dropbox.

At least at the moment.

Though Spotify is better longterm IMO

I have just seen so many IPOs come out, go up in the hype, then after about 2 months, comeback down to reality as hype and excite wane.

Comment

• Market getting crushed today, specifically tech which is to be expected as Netflix n Tesla coming back to reality.

China has really tanked hard, but I see it as a buying opportunity. Added to my CQQQ position. Eyeing alibaba and tencent individually

Comment

Working...
                      X