No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: I Had Meetings With UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: I Had Meetings With UFC

Tony Bellew has held meetings with officials regarding a possible switch to MMA. The former WBC world cruiserweight champion is preparing for his rematch against David Haye next month, exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office. Bellew takes on the ex-WBA heavyweight king at the O2 Arena on May 5.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Makes a change, he usually has his meetings at KFC.

Comment

Lol, I got a good chuckle out of that. Now go away Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Tony Bellew has held meetings with officials regarding a possible switch to MMA. The former WBC world cruiserweight champion is preparing for his rematch against David Haye next month, exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office. Bellew takes on the ex-WBA heavyweight king at the O2 Arena on May 5.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Don't know about the UFC, but bellew is a UFC. Ubiquitous fat chump.

Comment

If Bellew wins again on May 5th we will never see the end of him. So annoying but him being loud and abrasive has earned him millions of £££'s so fair play but still I want to see him get KO'd because

1) I'm a David Haye fan (i know but I'm loyal despite the crazy injury list)
          2) Tony Bellew will be a permanent fixture on Sky and I can't be listening to him on 9/10 boxing shows (3/10 is acceptable but not as a mainstream pundit)
          3) I want Haye to fight for a World title one last time.

Comment

Bellew would hit hard in those little gloves. But I'm never picking a boxer over a MMA guy or vice versa in a crossover fight.

What would he do, get down to his cruiserweight size (LHW in UFC If I'm not mistaken)?. A wrestler like DC would take him down early with ease and then stay on top of him.

Comment

It's a boxer I'd be more interested in seeing trying to make a crossover actually purely because the build up with Bellew and Bisping especially would be hilarious but also I believe Bellew was a kickboxer before he took to boxing and I believe I've heard him say he did karate as a kid. He's Scouse and has a huge mouth too so probably has had his fair share of Street fights as well.
              There are other aspects to MMA of course but I feel he'd have a lot more tools and understanding than most other boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                Bellew would hit hard in those little gloves. But I'm never picking a boxer over a MMA guy or vice versa in a crossover fight.

What would he do, get down to his cruiserweight size (LHW in UFC If I'm not mistaken)?. A wrestler like DC would take him down early with ease and then stay on top of him.
                Think it would just be a one time deal against bisbing. Bisbing is mainly a stand up fighter so if bellew can learn to sprawl even a little it could probably be competitive.

Don't see him fighting a guy like Cormier or at some wrestler

Comment

Not a hope of beating Bisping in MMA

Comment

UFC hurting

Comment

Working...
                    X