No announcement yet.

Help Me Understand Wilder's 20lb+ Weight Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    His power imo has diminished. I honestly do not believe fury gets up if that was the right hand and left hook thrown from the 228 lb Wilder
    Wilder is at his best above 220. He definitely didn't look like his normal self that night. He looked weak and drained. He was definitely exhausted by round 12, and his punches had lost a lot of power by that point. If that same combination landed in round 1, 2, or 3, the fight would've been over.

Comment

1. what is the logic behind it?
      2. what is causing him to lose the weight?
      3. When was the last time a heavyweight champ went out of their way to lose 20+ lbs?

I just don't understand it. He looks lean and leathy at 228 lbs. Now he looks sickly at 207 lbs giving away the weight for no reason. His metabolism shouldn't be faster now at 30+ yrs old.
      What is the cause behind this?

The only logical explanation I could give is overtraining. He probably needs to cut back on his exercise and nutrition regiment.

Comment

They are hiding some chit. that's for damn sure.

name another heavyweight champ that lost 20+ lbs during their reign as champ.

it simply never happens. their weight fluctuates a bit and usually goes north.

Wilder is a very very peculiar case.
        Every fighter receives physicals and checkups before fights. He is passing them so he is obviously healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Every fighter receives physicals and checkups before fights. He is passing them so he is obviously healthy.
          ya those physicals are very basic. they do not check for decline of health.

wilder at 80% is still more robust than 99% of human beings.

Comment

ya those physicals are very basic. they do not check for decline of health.

wilder at 80% is still more robust than 99% of human beings.
            I only mentioned that because you insinuated that he may have a medical condition which is causing him to lose weight. If that was the case, then it would have been disclosed by now. Moreover, if a fighter is unhealthy, then he will lose his boxing license to fight in most states.

Comment

Likely overtraining, fighters from other teams who’s trained with Wilder have spoken of how hard he works!

I think Murat Gassiev mentioned that Wilder would do ab work outs for nearly an hour and run up hills for hours!
              He said he never seen a man that likes having a good time but works so hard!

Wilder should gain some weight, Fury was too big and strong in those clinches!

If Wilder can come in at 230, Fury will be in trouble in the clinches cuz Wilder could break them early an fire off to the body!

Gameplan for the rematch should be to be patient, throw more body jabs, feint downstairs more, more straight punches, throw more bodyshots, increase weight (max should be 230 or 235) and watch tape on how Fury kept rolling his head to the right everytime Wilder jabbed!

Other than that, that power takes care of itself! It’s amazing he’s outweighed normally by 20 or 40 pounds and still either knocks these guys out cold or drop them like a sack of potatoes!

Sports Science needs to visit Wilder about that Alabama power!

Comment

I think possible overtraining and possibly being sick.
                He should be no lower than 220 and no higher than 233

Comment

Jay Deas just explained it yesterday on Tha Boxing Voice Listen Closely 55:35...

Probably needs to invest into a Nutritionist

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    He started VADA testing and had to come off the roids.
                    Bingo I was thinking the same thing. He never knock out people as an amateur than knocks everyone out as a pro very suspicious . If you look at people with high Ko's they had high ko percentage in the amateurs as well

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                      Likely overtraining, fighters from other teams who’s trained with Wilder have spoken of how hard he works!

I think Murat Gassiev mentioned that Wilder would do ab work outs for nearly an hour and run up hills for hours!
                      He said he never seen a man that likes having a good time but works so hard!

Wilder should gain some weight, Fury was too big and strong in those clinches!

If Wilder can come in at 230, Fury will be in trouble in the clinches cuz Wilder could break them early an fire off to the body!

Gameplan for the rematch should be to be patient, throw more body jabs, feint downstairs more, more straight punches, throw more bodyshots, increase weight (max should be 230 or 235) and watch tape on how Fury kept rolling his head to the right everytime Wilder jabbed!

Other than that, that power takes care of itself! It’s amazing he’s outweighed normally by 20 or 40 pounds and still either knocks these guys out cold or drop them like a sack of potatoes!

Sports Science needs to visit Wilder about that Alabama power!
                      I'd agree with this.

In the promotional materials where they were showing both training camps, it was clearly visible that Wilder is working himself to the point of exhaustion while doing conditioning work.

Not saying it's a bad thing per se, as it's how you make progress initially, but they may have been overdoing it this time. It's like he wants it too much, and his team is too dumb to try and rein him in.

Comment

Working...
                      X