Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-23-2019, 07:55 PM #11
Boxing fan since 1985

Quoted: 2185 Post(s)
turnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,072.32
Total Points: 18,200.61
great sig quote. - LoadedWraps for being a cool dude - Sugar Booger Great poster. - UTEP Thanks for the green bro - jas No Message - mathed 
No Message - mathed First Rate Poster - ironmt 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Henning View Post
were here to discuss and critique fighters...its pretty much understood that most guys we talk about have more money that all of us....but its a forum where we discuss it

make sure you go in all the AJ wilder threads and tell the AJ fans how it doesnt matter

if this were a sanitation forum than we might discuss how much our trash man makes...but alas it is not
I don't care what AJ fans are doing, I think the whole sitting around talking about earnings and their purses and what you think they are worth is gossip. I love floyd as a fighter but he ruined the fanbase with this a-side bullshhhh money focus thing. Go spend a few hours talking to old boxing heads and count how many times they even mention money, might surprise you when it's not mentioned. This isn't a team sport where paying one guy too much ruins a teams chance to be competitive. A fighter gets what they negotiate, we have no say in that. We have a say in who we support, who we watch, and our opinion on a performance. That's it. Literally that's it. It's fine to critique boxers, that's part of the fun and lure of this sport the debate, but seriously everyone is now a financial expert wanting to discuss contracts.
turnedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-23-2019, 10:03 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3683 Post(s)
Curt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,083.07
Total Points: 29,275.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnedup View Post
I don't care what AJ fans are doing, I think the whole sitting around talking about earnings and their purses and what you think they are worth is gossip. I love floyd as a fighter but he ruined the fanbase with this a-side bullshhhh money focus thing. Go spend a few hours talking to old boxing heads and count how many times they even mention money, might surprise you when it's not mentioned. This isn't a team sport where paying one guy too much ruins a teams chance to be competitive. A fighter gets what they negotiate, we have no say in that. We have a say in who we support, who we watch, and our opinion on a performance. That's it. Literally that's it. It's fine to critique boxers, that's part of the fun and lure of this sport the debate, but seriously everyone is now a financial expert wanting to discuss contracts.
discussing finances and deals is a part of the modern era of the sport though

i could go talk to "old heads" of any sport and its no different....it no different than me talking to a steelers fan who was around in the 70's...they didnt have to deal with free agents and coaches leaving every year the way the patriots do

tv deals..promotional deals....its all part of the modern era

lets be honest...it only bothers you when someone talks negatively about a fighter you like.....otherrwise you dont go around chastising guys when they talk about how AJ can "do whatever he wants cause hes the money man a-side"

face it...numbers/ratings/drawing power all mean something in the modern era
Curt Henning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:44 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2812 Post(s)
j0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,088.49
Total Points: 17,841.37
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack Back at cha brother!  Cheers to boxing and good conversation! - Redd Foxx Quality Posts always.. - BoxingFan85 

Yeah.. coming off two 1m+ PPVs, he can only make good money by fighting an unknown fighter coming off a severely disputed win against an inactive average fighter, on a network that is infamous for paying their best fighters $1-2M per fight.

In order to make good money, Golovkin doesn't need a proven seller Canelo trilogy, a desired Jacobs matchup, a long discussed fight with Saunders in the UK, a fight for a belt against Andrade, or even a Murata fight in Japan.
No, it's obviously Jermall Charlo coming off a gift decision over Mattvey Korobov that makes Golovkin the real money.

Logic fail at every single level.
j0zef is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
canít, golovkin, numbers?, pac-broner

User Tag List