Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heather Hardy: We Have To Keep Fighting For Equality in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Heather Hardy: We Have To Keep Fighting For Equality in Boxing

Heather "The Heat" Hardy (21-0, 4 KOs), of Brooklyn, NY, held a media workout for the New York City press on Wednesday afternoon leading up to her highly anticipated 10-round rematch against rival Shelly "Shelito's Way" Vincent (23-1, 1 KO), of Providence, RI, for the vacant WBO Women's Featherweight World Title on Saturday, October 27.
    [Click Here To Read More]

we have to acknowledge that there's still a long way to go. Women's boxing is still in its infancy. Until the weight classes for women are expanded in the Olympics, with only three right now compared to 12 for men, the pay gap is closed. Until the airtime is distributed equally based on talent and not gender, we have to keep fighting. No freedom till we're equal.
    You get equal airtime when you can sell as many tickets as men. Thats the reason for the pay gap. Nothing to do with gender, pure merit-based good old capitalism. You're not a victim.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      You get equal airtime when you can sell as many tickets as men. Thats the reason for the pay gap. Nothing to do with gender, pure merit-based good old capitalism. You're not a victim.
      Not just that but it’d be nice to see a skill level remotely close to that of men’s boxing, otherwise what’s the point? Not very entertaining and not very skilful. But they want the same exposure and same remuneration. How is that fair?????

Comment

Equality? Lol no one wants to watch this.. you can’t force us.. me too makes me sick.. why Hillary wasn’t elected

Comment

How you want equality but you are fighting 2 minute rounds lmfao? They are fighting 33% less time then males. And I don't even think they do 12 round title fights or at least thats not standard cuz I've seen a ton of 10 round title fights. So basically womens fights are only 55% of the scheduled minutes of a mens fight (20mins vs 36mins) at the title level. Gtfo outta here with that goofy sh^t.

Comment

i can name endless things id rather do than watch female boxing. nah im good.

Comment

You want equality then fight topless like men. I'm sure there will be way more viewers if you do.

Comment

No equality until you fight 12 rounds 3 minutes and use real gloves. Until then women boxing is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  How you want equality but you are fighting 2 minute rounds lmfao? They are fighting 33% less time then males. And I don't even think they do 12 round title fights or at least thats not standard cuz I've seen a ton of 10 round title fights. So basically womens fights are only 55% of the scheduled minutes of a mens fight (20mins vs 36mins) at the title level. Gtfo outta here with that goofy sh^t.
                  To be fair thise rules were probably made like 50 years ago when women were just aloud to cook barefoot in the kitchen. It's a little different now because women wear flip flops when they cook.

Comment

Im absolutely not interesting for fights of women..
                    I think it is disgusting.

80% of the men are interesting for the woman-fighters if they are nice..

Comment

Working...
                    X