Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MalaysiaPac View Post
    And Marquez did? All 3 fights where Marquez couldn't decisively beat that guy.

If you give someone enough changes, guess what?
    Which is exactly why I say the 4th fight outcome is really the only that mattered. You got two guys who don't get decisive victories three fights in, fourth fight, one guy gets a decisive victory; that's all she wrote bro.

Marquez, Torrecampo, Singsurat, Floyd, and The Hornet are all better than Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Dude, Floyd DID try to fight those guys (except maragito, he told magarito to do something & he would fight him but margarito never did & Paul was told he would get the fight if he kept winning but ended up K.O.'d) those guys other guys ducked Floyd. That alone tells you they were shook of Floyd until Floyd became the BANK! He wanted cotto after Floyd beat Gatti (R.I.P.) but bob said cotto was "too green" LMMFAO! & Mosely had a toothache....LOL
      Keep on winning? That doesnt make any sense considering most of Floyd's opponats had been beat to a pulp just before he got them

Comment

Dude, Floyd DID try to fight those guys (except maragito, he told magarito to do something & he would fight him but margarito never did & Paul was told he would get the fight if he kept winning but ended up K.O.'d) those guys other guys ducked Floyd. That alone tells you they were shook of Floyd until Floyd became the BANK! He wanted cotto after Floyd beat Gatti (R.I.P.) but bob said cotto was "too green" LMMFAO! & Mosely had a toothache....LOL
        Like I said it doesn’t matter who’s fault. They didn’t happen during their primes. So I’m not gonna give some imaginary credit to the winner like they did.

His best win against an absolute prime opponent is against Corrales.
        And I like Floyd, but that’s just being objective.

We can also search in youtube where Floyd was absolutely shook when he talked to Marg making it a very funny vid. (Eventhough i believed Floyd would beat him had they fought.)
        Have you watched it? If you didn’t find it funny or u gonna chang the subj about it then you’re just a fanboy like I’ve always thought.

Comment

-Marquez & pacquiao 4 was even till the K.O.
          -Nelo clearly beat Triple L TWICE.
          -T.B.E. clearly beat Castillo in the 1st fight.
          LOL! Dull razor you never fail in being a failure.

Now stop hogging the library computer because you can’t afford a cell phone or your own computer. Poor kids got homework to do.

Comment

Floyd knew that it would have been a tough fight.

They were both promoted by AL Haymon.

Floyd fans kept on telling us that the Manny fight wasn't made due to the promoters but here is a fight that Floyd never looked for but was right in front of him.

Comment

Paul Williams had the reach, height and work rate that would have made it very difficult for a fighter like Floyd that preferred to fight them slow plodders with low work rate and low stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                He was so weight drained, yet the only fight where canelo threw more punches is the chavez jr fight.

canelo threw more punches in the floyd fight than he did against mosley, lara, cotto, angulo, golovkin

he was drained doe.

drained fighters throw less, not more.

oscar vs pacquiao is what drained looks like.
                dawson vs ward is what drained looks like.

those fighters barely threw punches

Canelo said it BEFORE the fight that the hardest thing during his whole training camp was trying to make weight!

Comment

Because Williams did have a chance. He was tall, threw 100+ punches a round, and he's a southpaw on top of that. Also had good speed for his size and decent power.

Not saying Williams would have beat Floyd since he did have his flaws, but to say he didn't pose any threat is just ridiculous lol.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    Before there was an Errol Spence there was Paul Williams. Floyd avoided Williams for good reason.
                    Prime Floyd boxes rings around both guys.

A fighter cant fight everyone but it sure gives the haters a long list of ducks lol .

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Ridiculous statement, PW was one of the most threatening ww's I've ever seen. Go back and see Floyd's responses to fighting him, and tell me he wasn't threatened
                      How about YOU give us a link to Floyd talking about him. We'll wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X