No announcement yet.

Gifting title belts...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifting title belts...

Why does Crawford get a title shot off rip at 147? I like him but he should have to win a fight at 147 first.. He's gonna beat the piss outta Jeff horn, did you see horns reaction when the announcer said arum already has that match made? And they'll try to sell that as some huge mega fight to up crawfords status when everyone knows horn is not at that level.. It's fraudulent

Right, dude unified 140 against B level guys and now he's fighting another B level guy, who doesn't deserve the belt, on his first fight at a higher division. This is how guys like Guerrero and Broner can boast about having so many titles at different weight classes, but it doesn't tell the entire story. i like Crawford but don't want to hear this guy is some future ATG when his resume is thin and he's just snatching belts from easy prey. If he beats Thurman or Spence then we'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
      Why does Crawford get a title shot off rip at 147? I like him but he should have to win a fight at 147 first.. He's gonna beat the piss outta Jeff horn, did you see horns reaction when the announcer said arum already has that match made? And they'll try to sell that as some huge mega fight to up crawfords status when everyone knows horn is not at that level.. It's fraudulent
      Per the WBO rules, when a world champion drops a belt to move up in weight he becomes the mandatory challenger in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Right, dude unified 140 against B level guys and now he's fighting another B level guy, who doesn't deserve the belt, on his first fight at a higher division. This is how guys like Guerrero and Broner can boast about having so many titles at different weight classes, but it doesn't tell the entire story. i like Crawford but don't want to hear this guy is some future ATG when his resume is thin and he's just snatching belts from easy prey. If he beats Thurman or Spence then we'll talk.
        My sentiments exactly. Well said.

Comment

So he's too good for Horn but should have to face someone else to earn a shot at him?

Comment

You are right. He should beat a good welterweight before becoming the mandatory challenger. Still the fact he will fight Horn in Vegas next makes me happy. Horn was very lucky to get the win over Pacquiao. The punch counters said Pacquiao landed twice as many punches as Horn but Horn still got the win. That's unheard of. Horn acts like he beat the hell out of Pacquiao and has been bragging it up big time ever since. Then he cherrypicks the weakest challenger the law will allow for his first title defense. Horn say he wants to be known as an all time great boxer. He is mediocre and the only thing he is great at is bragging. Now he brags that he will beat Crawford. He must leave the safety of Australia to fight Crawford in Vegas. Crawford will knock him out and he will never be a champion again. To me that's a good thing.

Comment

He is entitled based on the WBO rules. I believe other belt organizations have similar rules too.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Crawford beat all the champions at 140. He cleaned 140 out. You are the one deciding all these champions Crawford beat are B level. If they were B level why were they world champions? It seems to me any world champion should be at least a B+ including mediocre champs like Horn. Crawford can't fight Thurman or Spence now so he is fighting Horn. There are 18 weight classes in boxing and Crawford is the only boxer today to completely unify his weight class.Crawford doesn't duck tough fights and if the opportunity is there for him to fight Spence or Thurman he will fight them.

Comment

Lol wbo rules. Its not just them. Wbc and wba would do the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
                    Why does Crawford get a title shot off rip at 147?
                    Any WBO world champion can ask to be made mandatory when they move up in weight. This is part of how Arum is able to maintain control of so many WBO world titles at all times. Same thing for Warren. They coordinate with the WBO to have their champions move up in a way they keeps all the belts in the family. Crawford moves from 140 and immediately becomes 147 champion. Warren has his fighter move from 135 to immediately win the vacant 140 title.

Then the vacant 135 goes to Arum. Then Lomachenko can move up to win it from Arum's new champ. Which allows Valdez to skip the line to move up to get the 130 belt, which opens up 126 so Magdaleno can skip the line to move up to get the belt. Which frees up the 122 belt. Etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X