Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who said "Manny Pacquiao was winning and got caught with a lucky punch"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao wasn't dominating the fight and if he stood up from that hellacious shot he would have been down on the score cards.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Pacquiao's defense in this fight was pretty ****ty. And I don't know how the hell he was beating the hell out of Marquez. In round five maybe. Not round four. And I seem to remember him getting dropped hard in round three.
      he only got hit by about 15 punches to the head, 10 of which were probabley jabs, marquez barely landed any powershots to the head

even in rd 3, the punch pacquiao got knocked down with was the only powerpunch marquez landed to the head that rd

he was gettin handled before the kd and got handled after the kd
      i'd prefer pacquiao-mayweather than a marquez rematch, but it will probabley be viewed negatively towards floyd for taking a fight with a pacquiao coming off a loss
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I always find it funny when people see Compubox as the gospel for how a fight went down when it is inferior to the amateur point scoring system that is so often criticised.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
          i mean of course thats abvious, but do u watch a fight and say damn this guy won these rounds cuz he clearly landed more? and when u see stats cement ur opinion?
          I don't pay attention to stats and don't need them to cement anything. CompuBox is a joke. Boxing isn't that cut and dry. You can land more and still lose a round if your punches aren't as effective as the other guy. Or if he knocks you down. So many variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            dude, it doesn't matter if manny outlanded him by 40 shots or 400. With every punch manny threw he dropped his hands lower and lower.

I know manny's fans think it was only a matter of time before he dropped JMM. That is only one piece.

With each punch thrown, JMM gained a better sense of speed and depth. SO it was also just a matter of time before Manny put himself in no man's land.

You guys gotts understand this!
            i don't disagree with anything ur saying lol, all i'm saying is that manny was winning the fight when he was stopped lol. I've never said it was a lucky punch or such thing. Marquez timed it perfectly.

Comment

He made several, actually.
              Thats what some of his fans just can't admit and I honestly don't know why. Its the same for every fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                CompuBox should just never be mentioned. period. it's a joke. it's often inaccurate, and there is so much about the blows tallied that CB does not reveal.
                It's garbage and no matter how often HBO shoves it down our throats, won't ever be some official stat in boxing. It just serves to confuse casual fans and newbies.

Comment

I don't pay attention to stats and don't need them to cement anything. CompuBox is a joke. Boxing isn't that cut and dry. You can land more and still lose a round if your punches aren't as effective as the other guy. Or if he knocks you down. So many variables.
                  right i agree with everything.

so in the trinidad vs de la hoya fight, everyone agrees that dlh won. he landed over 100 more punches. who did u see winning?

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
                    right i agree with everything.

so in the trinidad vs de la hoya fight, everyone agrees that dlh won. he landed over 100 more punches. who did u see winning?
                    IDK if he landed 100 more punches. How do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Pacquiao wasn't dominating the fight and if he stood up from that hellacious shot he would have been down on the score cards.
                      at most they should've been even.

i'm not no die hard pacquiao fan, just stating the obvious.

Comment

Working...
                      X