Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: Deontay Wilder is a Coward, I Saw Fear in His Eyes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
    Ortiz looked awful again against his latest taxi driver, he’s a southpaw that’s pretty much all he has going for him, but how weird is that off balance back leg thing he does and that jab where he picks up his front leg before throwing it - as soon as that toe left the ground a good boxer will punish his body or hook his head off. Just watch him fight, honestly he’s got nothing at world level, I think he’s round about Price’s level, Wilder will finish him very early, not because he’s amazing but because Ortiz is very average
    Wilder is also average or worse

Comment

the coward is the guy who takes peds

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        He does that for range by stepping forward followed by the punch , Hitting someone right about the same time the foot hits the floor adds power . Ortiz seems to use it more to set up up the straight left . Timing him is easier than it looks ,southpaw angles are deceptive and can land sooner with shorter distance and better timed punches .

Price level? Well Price isnt near top 10 and if that were the case you are assuming guys like Whyte and Parker are also favored over Ortiz which i cant see right now .
        Yup. All I ask is that Sports Buddha, or anyone else who does not think that mastering this movement, where the foot hits as the hand hits... Go home with the belief that we are full of s hit, then put on some gloves and start to hit the bag with this technique. Not only does Dempsey write about this timing at length, but he describes how the great Joe Gans would sound like a horse clomping with the sound of his front foot hitting as he released his punches.

Need I go on? Liston with his step and jab, and all the many martial arts where one trains for many years to get this timing right...Hsin Yi Chinese boxing, Some karate ka...used with the lunge punch in Shotokan for example, where as the step is dropped, the weight slides to the front as the front hand extends...

I mean this is a basic understanding of punching! its not the only way to punch but it is one of a few ways to maximize punching power, thats a fact.

it is also short sighted to compare Ortiz to Price... Frankly Jugs I would not even argue with someone who made such a ridiculous asertion.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Yup. All I ask is that Sports Buddha, or anyone else who does not think that mastering this movement, where the foot hits as the hand hits... Go home with the belief that we are full of s hit, then put on some gloves and start to hit the bag with this technique.

Need I go on? Liston with his step and jab, and all the many martial arts where one trains for many years to get this timing right...Hsin Yi Chinese boxing, Some karate ka...used with the lunge punch in Shotokan for example, where as the step is dropped, the weight slides to the front.
          You didnt take note of what I actually said, I said...Luis lifts his front foot too high...you’re trying to coach someone who does know the mechanics of punching so you are wasting your effort telling me about transitioning the weight to the front foot, and a ‘stamp’ btw is exactly how you emphasise this point to junior boxers, you look to reduce the emphasis of a stamp (which they usually pick up at about 1 year into boxing). It has nothing to do with power btw...but anyway keep on reading your books, I’m sure it must mention somewhere that raising your leg up in their like a cancan dancer before delivering punches is a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Yup. All I ask is that Sports Buddha, or anyone else who does not think that mastering this movement, where the foot hits as the hand hits... Go home with the belief that we are full of s hit, then put on some gloves and start to hit the bag with this technique. Not only does Dempsey write about this timing at length, but he describes how the great Joe Gans would sound like a horse clomping with the sound of his front foot hitting as he released his punches.

Need I go on? Liston with his step and jab, and all the many martial arts where one trains for many years to get this timing right...Hsin Yi Chinese boxing, Some karate ka...used with the lunge punch in Shotokan for example, where as the step is dropped, the weight slides to the front as the front hand extends...

I mean this is a basic understanding of punching! its not the only way to punch but it is one of a few ways to maximize punching power, thats a fact.

it is also short sighted to compare Ortiz to Price... Frankly Jugs I would not even argue with someone who made such a ridiculous asertion.
            That guy lost his argument with not even knowing Wilder is a backfoot fighter most of his k.os has happened with guys coming in on him ,most of his rnds hes not pressing guys hes letting them come forward ....do these guys even watch his fights ? forget about the step forward jab that he claims are for sport karate and children. lol
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-11-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              That guy lost his argument with not even knowing Wilder is a backfoot fighter most of his k.os has happened with guys coming in on him ,most of his rnds hes not pressing guys hes letting them come forward ....do these guys even watch his fights ? forget about the step forward jab that he claims are for sport karate and children. lol
              You’re as dumb as...the other guy, who sounds suspiciously like the same person.

If you actually read properly I eluded to all boxers being on the back foot, because technically they all should be. The context of Wilder being a back foot fighter is not about the technical positioning of his weight, I am talking about his style, he presses the action more often, Wilder is not a pure counter puncher by any means, if you are telling me you believe he is a counter puncher you might want to watch B-hop for a round or two and then Wilder...catching on yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
                You’re as dumb as...the other guy, who sounds suspiciously like the same person.

If you actually read properly I eluded to all boxers being on the back foot, because technically they all should be. The context of Wilder being a back foot fighter is not about the technical positioning of his weight, I am talking about his style, he presses the action more often, Wilder is not a pure counter puncher by any means, if you are telling me you believe he is a counter puncher you might want to watch B-hop for a round or two and then Wilder...catching on yet?
                All fighters should be on the backfoot ? O.K ...lol

You asked me why Wilder would become a backfoot fighter against Ortiz ? Wilder IS a backfoot fighter . lol

Wilder does not PRESS the action which is why most of his fights last long unless a guy like Washington runs into something .

I didnt say anything about Wilder and counter punching or his weight ,do you even know what your point your trying to make? SMH

What am i suppossed to be catching on too ? Your the guy who also suggests Ortiz lifts his leg like a cancan dancer when throwing jabs ? Clearly you are not watching his fights .

Lets LOOK at your comments ........

"Ortiz looked awful again against his latest taxi driver, "

" Just watch him fight, honestly he’s got nothing at world level, I think he’s round about Price’s level, Wilder will finish him very early, "

" it’s what I teach 10 yr olds. And his off balance back foot is a joke, wait until Wilder comes onto him, he’s going to trip over his own feet backing up. Luis is massively overrated, he’s beaten nobody, qualifies for a bus pass "

"He’s not even relevant at the top level, hence why I lump him in with someone like Price. "

"why on earth in your analysis does he suddenly become a back foot range fighter against Luis...? "

"Funny you should mention the front foot stamping thing, because it is something I remember being taught in karate, which we all know is useless in combat sports aside from...karate "

"keep on reading your books, I’m sure it must mention somewhere that raising your leg up in their like a cancan dancer before delivering punches is a great idea "

"I eluded to all boxers being on the back foot, because technically they all should be. "

" I am talking about his style, Wilder presses the action more often, "

" Wilder is not a pure counter puncher by any means, if you are telling me you believe he is a counter puncher you might want to watch B-hop for a round or two and then Wilder "

ALL these quotes by you tells me your an Alt or not a very intelligent person ? It doesn't really matter , for you to persue this conversation isnt going to go good for you bc you dont know what your talking about !

I sound like billeau ? Well I'll take that as a complement considering hes certainty a top knowledgeable on the forum the idiot/dummy you refer too who also has decades of training . lol
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-12-2017, 01:41 AM.

Comment

wilder gonna knock all the juice out of this old overrated dirtbag. ortiz shouldn't even be licensed to box after so much cheating.

another round 1 massacre.

Comment

wilder has auctually made a fan out of me after hearing him on a radio interview here in new Zealand and the last fight he had, iam backing him if he fights Joshua he will ko the brit within 8 rounds , I think Ortiz is a tougher fight for him than Joshua but he still wins.

Comment

Sometime I thinks, Lord, why you make me so strong. Right hand land so hard that it feel like I kill a homie. But He say to me Deontay, keep punching, I will protect them. And each time the good Lord bless them. I knock they ass out, but He perform a miracle and they get back up and lives to see another day.

Comment

Working...
                      X