Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Don't Care What Happens to Antonio Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
    bull s h it. plaster is way overated and don't do that much damage. there are 100's of fighters over the years that were beaten into gargoyles with no plaster. and if you got titanium rods holding your bones together you should be out of the sport. I kept ripping tendons and breaking my hands and had to stop
    I can't convince you, but put it this way: one guy throwing a punch with titanium plates in his hand, and one guy throwing the same punch wearing a cast, which punch is more powerful on impact?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I can't convince you, but put it this way: one guy throwing a punch with titanium plates in his hand, and one guy throwing the same punch wearing a cast, which punch is more powerful on impact?
      I realize that plaster would make a punch harder maybe but what about the padding in the glove? how does the plaster dry when the hands are sweating? How do they sneak it in while the other guys trainer is watching and signs the wraps? how do you sign wraps on wet plaster? do you use a stamp? as far as I see it plaster in wraps are impossible to get by the trainers but titanium rods and plates are allowed which to me should be banned

Comment

I realize that plaster would make a punch harder maybe but what about the padding in the glove? how does the plaster dry when the hands are sweating? How do they sneak it in while the other guys trainer is watching and signs the wraps? how do you sign wraps on wet plaster? do you use a stamp? as far as I see it plaster in wraps are impossible to get by the trainers but titanium rods and plates are allowed which to me should be banned
        I feel you, however the wet plaster strips are masked by the padding, but by Round 5, you have a different "pop" in your punch because your hitting with a mini-cast. I worked daily, for 3 years, with a Sports Medicine physician at Marine Corps Base Quantico, and those plates don't give you added power, but they do hold bones together (most of the time), so I don't have a problem with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I feel you, however the wet plaster strips are masked by the padding, but by Round 5, you have a different "pop" in your punch because your hitting with a mini-cast. I worked daily, for 3 years, with a Sports Medicine physician at Marine Corps Base Quantico, and those plates don't give you added power, but they do hold bones together (most of the time), so I don't have a problem with them.
          you sound like a smart guy and you have to admit impossible to get in a fighters wraps without getting caught the plaster does not add power but gives a sledge hammer affect. to me the plates and rods almost act similar allowing the reinforced hand to hold together

Comment

Originally posted by Rampad View Post
            Its string, not a hole.
            I doubt you saw the picture, it's a clear hole, and only someone who belives with out a doubt that Margarito did not use illegal wraps, would describe a hole as string, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampad View Post
              So how did Collins dad know that Restos wraps were hard? Oh yea, he shook his hand and realized the wraps were harder than normal.
              You are beginning to show your bias. Just say it at this point. Collins dad shook Resto's hand while Resto still had the gloves on. Thats when Collins realized that the padding on the gloves were extremely thin. Collins father protested and the officials took the gloves and found that padding had been removed from the gloves. This situation had nothing to do with hand wraps, but good try twisting facts to suit your agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                Cotto lost his first fight to Margarito fair and square. The second fight he fought a broken fighter coming off 2 severe knockout losses to Mosley and pac-man and he says he beat Margarito fair and square? Dude has lost to every fighter that proposed a challenge and makes excuses continually. Belongs in the hall of fame because that is for fans but isn’t even close to an ATG.
                You need to take your mouth off of MargoCheatos dĄck! He cheated. Who has he ever ko'd before Cotto? Margo never had pop in his punches, then all of a sudden he is cutting & BUSTING his opponents faces... now answer this dĄckweed. Why hasn't he cut up & bust up anyother opponents face since he got busted? How come he hasn't stopped anyone since? In second fight cotto's face puffy & that's because his face was already ruined from the plaster from the first fight. Cotto never bruised easily before the plaster. And please don't mention Cintron, Margo plastered that boy too! Of course all his victories are gonna come into questioning...he cheated & finally got caught.
                Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 12-03-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

bulls h it. cottos trainer signed the wraps
                  The opposing trainer does not sign the wraps, someone from the commission does.
                  Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 12-03-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    did they caught him and remove the plaster from his wraps?

and if he's been loading up, why he still have L's on his record prior to wrap scandal?
                    Ask yourself a better question, why has he not been able to cut, bruise, drop or ko anyone since getting busted???

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      but those guys he lost too was some no namers!! LOL!! if he was loaded up why he still took an L.?
                      Why use plaster on no namers...

Comment

Working...
                      X