No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali Rocks, Shocks Miguel Cotto into Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    Ali did good but i felt he could stopped Cotto, Cotto with that injury came like a beast in the 12th but im happy that Ali got the win he earned it

Idk if Ali is gona stick around 154, i think he should drop back 147
    Yeah, he kinda did...it was night and day from the 11th for both guys, but I see all 3 judges gave the 12th to Ali...which I personally think is bizarre....

Switch those around, and it's a Majority Draw...

Comment

• Not many people gave Ali a chance (looking at the poll) Glad he won, I still think he's a bit small for 154 though

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post

List of posters who voted for Ali at the time I took the screenshot after the decision. 7 of them were late voters.

Since then, we've had Barristan, BobLoblaw and Sir_Didymus add themselves to the fray
        You been on this site long enough to know there are a lot of bootleg buster azz fans/members on this site.

Comment

• Woho.. congrats to Ali!

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            You been on this site long enough to know there are a lot of bootleg buster azz fans/members on this site.
            Yeah, I know. It's still lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I personally had it a draw but not mad at an Ali win at all, surprised he did as well as he did and even more that he got a fair decision. That injury Cotto attained, along with Ali picking it up and Miguel's weak stamina, really cost him a fight he had all but won. Hope he enjoys his retirement, great career with so many wars and fan friendly fights.
              Im with you it was pretty damn close

Especially with Cotto fighting with a torn bicep.

Also that was a knock down that was erroneously ruled a slip.
              Last edited by Don Pichardo; 12-03-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Yeah, I know. It's still lame.
                Agreed. Waste of energy arguing with them fools

Comment

• Congrats to Ali. He had a great gameplan and stuck to it. He is very fast and skilled decorated amateur and Olympian. Was winning the vargas fight before he got caught and never recovered. He didn't make that same mistake last night stayed discipline.

Comment

• The lesson started in round 2 with that right hand but Cotto was old after around 4 the left hook was Landing occasionally but not with the effect that used to think of Spence vs Cotto it would have been done before 6... he is not an all he may be an all-time PR great but behind Wilfredo Gomez and several others...NEVER NEVER an all-time great, !... please it's a weak time in boxing of course he'll be in HOF but he's lost all his big fights in his career...

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Im with you it was pretty damn close

Especially with Cotto fighting with a torn bicep.

Also that was a knock down that was erroneously ruled a slip.
                      He must reman retired because if he comes vsany of the so-called Young Lions especially Spence he will be battered and beaten badly..

Comment

Working...
                      X