No announcement yet.

Is Bradley unofficially retired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
    Bradley is a drunk, he was already spiraling down he blessed he had the opportunity to make some big paydays before his alcoholic ways took over.

him and tc making a pact not to fight each other is coward shit, these dude never met each other ever in life after 1 sparring the ***** in both of them came out and they made a pact not to fight each other cause they both think they will lose to the other lmfao.

Ive Never heard any stories of bradley being a drunk...sure youre not confusing him with pavlik lol

Comment

He's chilling....

Comment

I hope he goes back to Joel Diaz. Dude is probably the most intense trainer in boxing "Wanna go home? We can go home right now!". Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          I haven't heard much from his camp other than the fact that his wife/manager is managing other fighters, etc. I'd love to see him go up against, Thurman, Garcia, Brook, etc. It's a damn shame that he's hiding behind Bob Arum and not willing to go up against non TR fighters. He can easily fight Terrace Crawford, but he's using a buddy-buddy tactic to duck him. I'm sure TC would fight him in a heartbeat, but it seems that Bradley has lost his hunger and is satisfied with what he has achieved in the sport.
          Tim Bradley locked himself into a final deal with Top Rank, apparently for significantly high guaranteed purses, and he knows what it is (Bob Arum isn't going to put his own fighter into any fight promotion where Top Rank doesn't control the event).

Timothy Bradley will let Bob Arum do his job. see what fight is offered to him, and enjoy simply being a father while he waits; he's secured his family's future with the Marquez fight and the three Pacquiao paydays.

Arum finds some fight worth paying Bradley's guarantee (would not shock me if Bradley's on $1.5m to fight), and Bradley will call up Teddy Atlas to go through whatever's required to get ready to fight. (If Bradley and his wife were smart about it, I'd hope that they were able to lock in some "if you can't find a fight within two years, you owe the value of two fights" provision in the agreement).

These last few fights (basically every fight since he first jumped to Top Rank, tbh) are for Bradley to cashout; if Bob Arum came to the table with an offer for Bradley-Crawford to split $10m on a fight, that buddy-buddy stuff is over.

Comment

a thought experiment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            He made a lot of money and kept it in-house as much as he can (him and his wife). The Pac trilogy left his pockets fat, he's not a big money spender, isn't in the limelight, so those millions will last him 2-3 lifetimes. I can't understand what having a million dollars is but I can imagine how it can change some pro boxers and make them lazy/uninspired like Maidana and Bradley.
            A million dollars that returns 4% a year (10-year is abut 2%, so I'd imagine that 4% is something you could get from buying a bond from GE) would give you $40k in residual income, just as a fact of the investment.

With the house paid off, cars paid off, debt dealt with, college funds set aside, etc, what would you, personally, do if you simply had 40 grand just hanging around.

Probably take the old lady out to the nice restaurant once a month, family vacation, by the kids/niece/nephew the good Christmas gift, help out the cousin who is actually close to you a bit, etc.

For a person who's real true core concerns have already been dealt with forever, I'd imagine that life would be good when you could just live off the residuals from the effort you put into your chosen craft.

lazy doesn't really fit, imo.

Marcos Maidana was a street tough, who realized that he had some ability in boxing, committed himself to the sport, worked his way along, made a late change and a ton of sacrifice, caught a few breaks (stringing together the wins to get the Broner fight, and then leveraging that into the Floyd fight, and then leveraging his performance into getting to fight Floyd again), and ended up making more than enough money to live comfortably in his home country for the rest of his life and at least the rest of his son's life (if he properly manages his affairs).

There's no need to give all of yourself to boxing

Comment

Working...
            X