Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winky Wright High Guard Defense Appreciation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely hated watching stinky fight. He was so boring. All those dreadful fights on Roy jones undercard against the likes of Bronco McKart. When asked id always say that Wright could be fighting a 50ft giant woman with ******* hanging out and id still wouldnt watch that sht.

Winky was extremely boring

Comment

GOOD GAWWWAD

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
        His defense wasn't top notch...... I see him blocking shots but eating alot of shots to land counter jabs and straights as well.....Winky got away with it by weight cutting from almost 200 pounds to make jmw and selectively ducking certain fighters who could expose his waiting, flat footed style; such as FMJ, ODH, Margarito, Taylor 2 etc
        Red - That was Winky's dream fight to get a big payday.

He beat Taylor 7-5.

Comment

Winky loved Krispy Kream Donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            I absolutely hated watching stinky fight. He was so boring. All those dreadful fights on Roy jones undercard against the likes of Bronco McKart. When asked id always say that Wright could be fighting a 50ft giant woman with ******* hanging out and id still wouldnt watch that sht.

Winky was extremely boring
            Yeah. I remember your type. Use to say it was like watching paint dry.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
              Call it not being serious Floyd called him out and offered to jump to weight classes to meet him at 154 if there was a rehydration clause as Winky was well know to cut from 190-200; Winky then demanded a lion share of the purse like anyone was trying to see Winky at that time.......Clear dukk

As far as Oscar

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=2006

BoxingScene.com: There was some talk a few months back, regarding Oscar De La Hoya having interest in staging a fight with you. Were there any serious discussions to make the fight or was this something Oscar was putting out there to test the fans' interest in the fight?

Winky Wright: A while back, after I beat Tito (Trinidad). Oscar came up and said that he would fight us. Somebody made a proposal from his camp. They gave us the proposal and we felt that the proposal was not good enough. We turned it down.

As for Shaw last month turning down $6-million (plus $6 per pay-per-view buy above 600,000 homes) to fight Oscar De La Hoya ?

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/07/26/Sp...weather_.shtml

"He offers everyone else $10, 15-million," Wright said, referring to the $10-million Felix Trinidad got for beating De La Hoya in 1999. "I ain't doing it."

I liked Winky but Winky was a bytch ass champ kind of like Thurman; comical Thurman invoked Winky name when Porter pressed him post rios garcia.....Off the top of the head I recall him ducking ODH, FMJ, Margarito, Kelly Pavlik, Taylor 2, and thats off the top of the head

Good lil fighter....above average skills but he understood his limitations....No revisionist dickriding will change this for me; I saw a prime Sam Soliman box that everloving shyt out that man

Naw Floyd ducked Winky not Floyd’s fault it was Bob who axed the deal in the 12th hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
                His defence was top notch in his prime. It was a shame you could tell he was done in the Paul Williams fight he got hit more in that then any other fight before I'm sure of it
                Williams lumped windy up pretty good for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Williams lumped windy up pretty good for sure!
                  Pieced him up good was sad too see him getting hit clean with combos but he put up a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    it was floyd who duckd winky. he called him out but it was a bluff(common floyd move) when winky agreed look what happened...

"As of right now, it's no deal - they changed the money on me at the last second," said promoter Gary Shaw, who said he was close to finalizing the fight when he walked into Top Rank and Bob Arum's office Thursday.

The day before, Shaw said he and Arum had agreed to a 50-50 purse split as well as other requests from Mayweather's camp. He added that Wright adviser Jim Wilkes and Don King, who has an option on Wright's next fight, agreed as well.

Mayweather's camp requested a morning-of-the-fight weigh-in. That included a stipulation that Wright couldn't go more than eight pounds above the limit.

this is a common floyd move. make crazy demands that your opponent probably won't meet but in this case winky agreed and then he changed the money lmao. floyd "move the goalposts" mayweather strikes again. no great wins over prime fighters oh well!
                    Was a clause not fair for a Lww jumping up...

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Winky loved Krispy Kream Donuts.
                      ROFL every time I see Krispy Kreme I think of winky

Comment

Working...
                      X