No announcement yet.

Did Andre Ward feel a little embarrassed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Andre Ward feel a little embarrassed

Andre Ward was apart of the Showtime team, (there is a surprise) as a co-commentator on the Froch vs Johnson fight.

He witness a great fight full of exciting and the crowd up on their feet applauding after the rounds. A far cry from his fights where he usually stinks the place out with his spoiling safety first and dirty tactics.

The other Showtime commentators, not only did their job, they really enjoyed their night. When watching Ward fights they show their appreciating of his skill and what he does but never do they get excited, left shocked and really enjoy their night like they did in the Froch vs Johnson fight.

One commentator said that the Froch vs Johnson fight represented boxing really well, No holding, No grabbing, nothing illegal, no walking, great inside fighting. Ward was sat next to him and must have felt that he doesn't represent boxing that well and probably felt a little embarrassed.

Maybe Showtime should switch allegiances and back Froch now, he has much more potential to make big money for Showtime.

Ward doesnt take punishment, and makes his opponent look silly. Usually causes for a fight that isnt too exciting, ala Mayweather, Hopkins, Bradley etc etc
    Guys are penalized for being complete well rounded defensive fighters..
    Boxing is always more exciting with both fighters get punched in the face..
    Casual fans dont appreciate the sweet science

Comment

I dunno froch is great to watch but you cant knock ward too much he's very effective,he's never goin to be in a slugfest its not his strength.I read somewhere the guy didnt lose an amateur fight since 1998 alll the way to winning gold in the olympics in 2004!!!that is an amazing achievement so i dont think it bothers him to much when he see's froch having a toe2toe war....Still would like to see froch beat him though

Comment

tbh, i thought the commentators were taking shots at ward...dont know if it was intentional or not.....someone said " froch does not run "..and "he fights in an entertaining fashion" or something to that effect....i think it was a shot at ward and i think ward knew it too....lol

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
          Ward doesnt take punishment, and makes his opponent look silly. Usually causes for a fight that isnt too exciting, ala Mayweather, Hopkins, Bradley etc etc
          even those guys are nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowhere near as boring as ward

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post

Look at Tarver's face after the Abraham vs Ward fight and after the Froch vs Johnson.

Tarver and the rest of the Showtime throughly enjoyed Froch's performance, they are not casual fans.

Comment

I thought he was interesting against Abe.

But, then Abe is all high-held guard and no action for the bulk of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                tbh, i thought the commentators were taking shots at ward...dont know if it was intentional or not.....someone said " froch does not run "..and "he fights in an entertaining fashion" or something to that effect....i think it was a shot at ward and i think ward knew it too....lol
                Yeah, I don't think it was intentional but Ward must have thought they were taking shot, praising Froch for not doing things that Ward does.

Thats why I think he must have felt a little embarassed sitting in there with them.

Comment

I can't wait to read the threads full of crying when he beats Froch! It will be one of the best days in boxingscene history.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    I got that same feeling

Comment

Working...
                    X