Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the HW division actually getting better? Or was it just Klitschko losing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the HW division actually getting better? Or was it just Klitschko losing?

So is it just Klitschko losing which caused it or was the talent in the division getting that much better? And Fury was just the first to get in there with Klitschko?

Povetkin getting destroyed by Klitschko and now being one of the elites and top guys of the division doesn't help this statement. We don't know if Martin can be elite until he steps up in competition.

I just don't know if we can actually say the competition is better yet. Currently I feel it heated up because Fury beat Klitschko. Would Wilder, Ortiz, Joshua, Parker, Martin, Povetkin 2, Haye 2, ect beat Klitschko?

I think so.

The assumption prior to then was mainly that none of them could beat Klitschko anyway.

Comment

Klitschko losing is a big part of it. AJ, Ortiz and Parker have also looked good recently and I want to see them again.

Comment

How is its getting better? Klitschko/Fury was not a good fight

Comment

Klitchko was so dominant and ahead of the pack that it got boring seeing him obliterate top fighter after next.

The new wave of heavyweights are closer together in terms of talent but not necessarily better. That will make for more intrigue.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            How is its getting better? Klitschko/Fury was not a good fight
            I think he meant with the dethroning of Klitchsko making a division more relevant as supposed to the opposite.

That said, since Wladimir's loss I think there's so much room for growth in the heavyweight division. Things just got that much more interesting without ONE fighter holding the division hostage with boredom.

Comment

yes. and once wilder and fury get dethroned and the parker/joshua era begins it will be one of the most exciting heavyweight era's in recent history.

Comment

Guys knocking each other out and a few who can really sell a fight. Definitely more exciting. Helps that the new champion looks way more vulnerable then the last one of course.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  Klitchko was so dominant and ahead of the pack that it got boring seeing him obliterate top fighter after next.

The new wave of heavyweights are closer together in terms of talent but not necessarily better. That will make for more intrigue.
                  I completely agree with this, the thing that I find interesting is whether the division ends up more entertaining and interesting as a result of having a raft of comparable level fighters fragmenting the titles without a clear dominant champion.

Especially bearing in mind how common it is to hear that boxing is a joke sport due to having multiple champions / titles.

We like the idea of one clear champion, but tire if his dominance is to great (and I don't believe it is just because Wlad's style was tedious, as pre Buster, Tyson was often called as his fights were walkovers.

Comment

Working...
                  X