No announcement yet.

Has Broner's chin been tested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
    Championship boxers from different weight classes spar each other ALL THE TIME,this is common knowledge,boxers are very familiar with each other and know each others flaws do to the fact they have sparred and or trained in the same gym
    Im familiar with sparring and I know you don't go 100% but hey lets just agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      Im familiar with sparring and I know you don't go 100% but hey lets just agree to disagree.
      That cool and i wasn't trying to attack you if it seemed that way i apologize.Just seems like people love to ask random dumb questions on here,hell Amateur boxers even spar championship level boxers if they are in the same gym all the time and even get the upper hand sometimes all depends on who is in the best shape,everyone has a bad day,thats the purpose of sparring and all the gym work so you wont have a bad day on fight night

Comment

The questions asked on this board are boarder lined ******ed,it's like asking has a pro basketball player ever had to guard a lighting quick player,or has someone who has played football his entire life ever been tackled.it is dumb,the man fights for a living damn right he has been chin checked
        well that's what happens in a public forum. You have to explain some things that seem like common sense to a bunch of dudes that will never grow up.

Plus most of these guys use this forum to act out because they can't really do it in REAL life.

Comment

Son let me break it down to you,your chin will get tested the 1st damn day you spar,this man has been fighting since a child and you have to ask has his chin been tested? the worse beatings you get are only seen by a few because they happen in the gym.The gym molds you,hardens you and prepares you for battle
          Okay calm down lol I'm not hating I actually think Broner is a funny entertaining dude, and sparring/amateurs is a whole different game to the pros. Amir Khan can tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
            I don't think his chin has ever been tested in a fight. Probably been tested in sparring like always.
            Nor do I, not by someone capable of knocking him down and out.

It doesn't really matter if it has been tested in sparring because (a) we don't get to watch sparring and (b) plenty of chinless wonders fight in the pro game despite coming through sparring sessions, it's not a certification of good punch resistance. That discussion is pretty redundant.

In Broner's favour (v Maidana), he keeps his head well protected and I'm not sure Maidana's the man to break that defense and land the headshots which will test his chin so we may not be any the wiser re. Broner's chin after the event.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 08-14-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X