No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Miguel Cotto Fought The Wrong Kind of Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Miguel Cotto Fought The Wrong Kind of Fighter

Trainer Freddie Roach believes Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30KOs) fought the wrong style of fighter this past Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden. Cotto challenged WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14KOs), who won a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision.

[Click Here To Read More]

There you have it folks, Roach believes in cherry picking. Wonder if this way of thinking applies to his fighters as well.

Comment

When they signed this fight I really had no clue as to why they did it. It was pointless to me at least. Cotto fans were saying that Cotto was such a brave warrior fighting a younger undefeated fighter. In my head I was thinking this is a lose lose situation for Cotto. Even after his loss to Mayweather he was still looked at as a good opponent because of how he handled Floyd. He could have took a huge payday fighting Canelo, Pacquiao, or even Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        There you have it folks, Roach believes in cherry picking. Wonder if this way of thinking applies to his fighters as well.
        Lol, I was thinking this as well.

Comment

Well Pacquiao is fighting the wrong style of fighter this weekend good luck.

What's with 2 of last weeks judges getting to judge another big fight so soon? The way they judged last week seems to me they like the "boxers" better than the bangers. Bad news for Pac.

Comment

Cotto hit Trout loads, getting to him wasn't a problem - hurting him was, Trout did not feel Cotto's punches.

Comment

this is whats wrong with boxing and why cotto is a dying breed cotto is not afraid to fight anyone the cards were closer that lopsided crap was bull cotto could have won by 1 or two points same for trout the fight was closer and sloppy but cotto has done enough he can have 1 more fight and call it a career

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                When they signed this fight I really had no clue as to why they did it. It was pointless to me at least. Cotto fans were saying that Cotto was such a brave warrior fighting a younger undefeated fighter. In my head I was thinking this is a lose lose situation for Cotto. Even after his loss to Mayweather he was still looked at as a good opponent because of how he handled Floyd. He could have took a huge payday fighting Canelo, Pacquiao, or even Martinez.
                It was necessary.

All established fighters give the up and comers an opportunity to earn their name.

Mosley did it with Cotto.

Oscar did it with Mosley.

Mosley did it with Wright.

So on and so forth. It's how fighters are born. It's how boxing keeps living for years and years.

Comment

Is that why Pac is fighting JMM again? Fighting a "banger", someone Pac can hit? I guess Bradley was just the wrong style of boxer, huh?

Comment

excuse Cotto for not being a cherry picker Roach im sure if u were training him u would of wanted margarito cotto 3 maybe 4 too lol

Comment

Working...
                    X