Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your ab workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know there are a lot of different ab exercises and things you could do..

but if your boxing, a lot of the regular boxing motions and sparring will strengthen your abs plenty. used to do situps/crunches and leg raises after cardio..but that was about it for a lot of other amateur boxers i trained with

Comment

First push ups with correct form and pull ups also with correct form,increase your meals by 1,2 meals but healthy meals like vegetables,fruits protein etc like that.

Comment

Air bike until I dead , crunch hands over head until I deadd, decline reverse crunch until I vomited , flat bench leg pullinnn until I fainteddd everyday everyday everyday .

Comment

Millions of good exercises that hit your abs, both directly and indirectly

Some indirect examples would be deadlifts, squats, pullups, etc

Some direct examples would be weighted steering wheels (and its variations, russian twists (and its variations), bridges, spiderman pushups (and its variations), etc. Depends on what you have available to you (swiss balls, bosu balls, trx straps, etc), but you should look at hitting your abs/core both directly and indirectly for optimum results.

etc etc etc

Comment

Comment

Sometimes I feel I could do crunches all day and not get anything out them .Defintley a good quality decline bench is what I need also I like to hit them after a good training session or run .I've been looking at ebay for one and I might get one in the near future .
              http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Comment

It's not to bad hitting them when I mix abs up with bodyweight training but a good decline bench would be a quality piece of kit .
                http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27970

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                  Sometimes I feel I could do crunches all day and not get anything out them .Defintley a good quality decline bench is what I need also I like to hit them after a good training session or run .I've been looking at ebay for one and I might get one in the near future .
                  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
                  For the purpose of abs, id reccomend going the Roman chair route. A great setup to hit your abs, obliques, lower back, etc.

One thats setup at an incline like this (i dont like this particular one because the handlebars can get in the way, but just for instance)
                  Last edited by ~AK49~; 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

bend forward to grab some potato chips, lean back to eat said potato chips. Repeat............Rockin'

Comment

i really like the ab-roller it really makes all your lower mid and upper abs pop out

i do 30 reps of four sets 5 times a week

Comment

Working...
                      X