No announcement yet.

A Question Regarding Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a big fight, thats why.

What else is there for Martinez to do, fight the middleweights, that'd be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
      Let me fix your statement:

Pacman and Mayweather are not 154 fighters when their opponent is at their best.

Mayweather fought DLH for a 154 belt and Pac fought Margarito for a 154 belt. If Martinez wants a big payday let him call them out because neither guy can say that they haven't fought at 154, those two clowns are making a mockery of this sport.

And like I said before, they opened the door for all this questioning by fighting for a 154 belt.
      U see u gotta understand how things work here,or as far as fans are concerned!!Once Oscar made them bigger,they got softer!!Floyd did fight Oscar for a 154lb title,but at the very least Oscar was a champion who weighted in at the limit!!Pacman on the other hand was spoon feed a cheating stablemate who was destroyed by Mosley!!Martinez has been no less than #2 at 154 for at least to years now!!The 2 higher pfp fighters cherrypick & now their fans try to justify them not fighting him, but I agree with U,if they're too small for 154,neither should have ever ventured there,but if they did,people like Cotto shouldn't have better wins at 154 than them both,(because they're supposed to be greater right)!!

Comment

Like has been stated, i really see no reason why anyone should frown on this. Both fighters have fought and won at 154lbs (ok, maybe on of them legitimately), one of them currently has the 154lb title. Martinez is a 154lb fighter. They're all ranked 1-3 on the P4P charts, there should be no issues with this at all.

Comment

If pac wants to parade around like a JMW with belt in hand why not defend it against the best right ?

Isn't he the GOAT as u pactitioners like to say so why not legitimize his "legacy" and beat the best out there and not worry bout ever having to fight floyd and ost

Comment

I spose Martinez could fight Robert Stigletz or whatever his name is for that 168lb trinket

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
              if youre calling the two clowns especially pacquiao what do you call the others? mockery of the sport? you can say that to the other "clown" but not on pacquiao.pacquiao continue fighting and giving his all to make his fights exciting and fan friendly, on his own he continued making the sports of boxing interesting, people in other sports only have respect for him, now why cant somebody insignificant like you do the same? oh, i know because youre insignificant you try to make yourself important by going against the tide, well ok, if that makes you happy. but youre still insignificant.
              If you like seeing no contest fights, then Pacquiao is your guy. Let me guess you're one of those that thought Margarito was the best and the most derserving for a fight with PAC?

When is Pac gonna challenge somebody with speed and skills(don't say PBF, he's out of commision), not just fighters with Bravado. I would like to know how fast PAC really is, him fighting the same fighters with different names is getting old really quick.

You can keep supporting PAC if you want, but most of us real fans know the bull**** that he, Roach and Arum are pulling, he should change his name to Manny "The Manchurian Candidate" Pacquiao.

Comment

That's what happens when someone is at the top, people try to find way to hate.

The only advantage Martinez has on Pacquiao and Mayweather is size. Just like how Martinez would lose to ANYONE in the Super 6 and light heavy, because of size.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post

The only advantage Martinez has on Pacquiao and Mayweather is size. Just like how Martinez would lose to ANYONE in the Super 6 and light heavy, because of size.
                  I'll bet that you'll be okay with both of them fighting Martinez if he gets trashed twice in a row at 168.

If size is all you're worried, why did he fight Margarito.

It's funny how Pacquiao fighting Margarito isn't crazy, but if the fans ask for him to fight Martinez, we're just hating.

Comment

I really never understood when and why exactly perception changed.

And, the double standard in this place is just hilarious.
                    Last edited by jrosales13; 11-25-2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post

Not true, granted if Pac and Floyd and Martinez were naturally the same size I think both Pac and Floyd beats him.

However, Martinez has also the style and the talent.... We not talking about a 2007 version of Oscar De la Hoya here, we not talking about Margarito here. Martinez is pretty much the same size as both those dudes when Floyd and Pac fought them. But, Martinez is much more dangerous. And, then reason cuz he is too talented, too big, and more importantly just too good.

That is why IMO he beats both. Is just not size, it is what he brings with that size which is talent and a good style.

Comment

Working...
                      X