Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Is Responsible for Hatton's Depression/Drug Addiction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    Floyd Mayweather is responsible for economic recessions
    Floyd Mayweather is responsible for war
    Floyd Mayweather is responsible for famine
    Floyd Mayweather is responsible for pollution
    Floyd Mayweather is responsible for STDs
    Floyd Mayweather is responsible for crime
    Best post of the thread.

Floyd defeated an weight-drained Napoleon at the battle of Waterloo!

Persia was never the same after the battle of Marathon with Floyd, it was beat mentally and physically.

So when Persia tried to stage a comeback at Thermopylae, it was easy pickings for Manny Pacquiao's superior ability (and by ability, I mean fleet of triremes).

Comment

Originally posted by AnthalaX View Post
      using your argument i guess beating Chavez Jr. would be a better win because of his undefeated streak and he has 2 wins more than Floyd.

... and don't try to tell me JCC jr is a bum because Floyd is on vacation... and not fighting the best...

and last thing Morales is less than stellar? GTFO...
      You should've kept reading before you hit the post button because i'v already shut your arguement down. See this post:

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
      I don't usually dumb down to simpletons who can't figure things out for themselves but since you're putting words in my mouth try re-reading:

Point being: Beating Mayweather would have more prestigue than beating Manny because of the mystique surrounding his undefeated streak. Being the first to beat Floyd would put that fighter over in a massive way and automatically put him in the history books as the man who finally beat Floyd. While beating Manny would also he huge, the boxing community is already used to seeing him lose so the impact wouldnt be as big as someone finally removing the 0 from Floyd's highly talked about record.

I don't know whether you're new to the sport or too stupid to understand a basic point without it having to be broken all the way down, but don't ever make me re-explain myself again.

Comment

Originally posted by jpunieves View Post
        so now, who's fault is it that floyd beat a woman, got another lay-off from boxing, and stole an iphone? is it hatton's fault or is it pac's fault?
        at how naiive some of you are. You've obviously never dealt with a scandalous female before.

Comment

You should've kept reading before you hit the post button because i'v already shut your arguement down. See this post:
          Seriously, are you sick in the head? You definately need to get help before its too late. I would recommend going for a short vacation.

To answer your question... it was Hatton himself who made the move to start snortin the white and that was after his last fight with Pacquiao.

Get over Mayweather, he aint even thinking about boxing right now, he too busy talking about his drama outside of boxing and If i were you i would be more interested in what you want to accomplish in life.

Comment

In a way I agree.

Hatton really thought he could have beaten Mayweather, most of his fans did. Dare I say I had a tingling he could have pulled it off. It was his biggest night and didn't just lose, he got embarrassed, especially when you consider all the pre-match hype and trash talking on both sides. It went down as Floyd pretty much said it would. Hatton even after the fight felt he could have done more, he mentioned a rematch, even after the Pacquiao fight, months ago he said he would come out of retirement for a Mayweather rematch. Why not a Pacquiao rematch? He probably accepted he got starched by the best boxer on the planet in two rounds and wouldn't last much longer against Pacquiao again. Where as with Mayweather he made roads into the fight, caught Mayweather with a shot early on that looked to trouble Floyd for a second. He wouldn't last as long against Floyd either, but somewhere in Ricky's mind he believes that he didn't give his best or the ref restricted him or whatever and it plays on his mind still. The Pacquiao KO was the icing on the cake, very devastating icing on the cake at that.

Both losses ruined him. I really thought he could bounce back and still be a presence at 140, if he'd brushed himself off after the Pacman loss he could have wiped these contenders out before they got as big as they are, he'd have beat the inexperienced Bradley that got an SD over old Witter. He's left it too long, there's no way back, he's ballooned up far too much and the up and coming contenders he could have beat are now nearly prime fighters, nearly all of them fast and slick who'd give a Hatton returning after a year and a half layoff, problems.

I don't believe his chin had deteriorated though. He tired out chasing Floyd and Floyd broke him down. Pacquiao was just too fast and powerful and hit him with sweet flush shots most fighters would have gone down to. He could have come back straight away and still been a force at 140. He wasn't shot straight after the Pacman loss. But by now, he will be. I don't begrudge him retirement, he didn't want to step down opposition which he would have had to do, he was past fighting the Pacs and the Mayweathers, he would have to fight the "then" up and coming 140 lot instead, for much lesser money. If Ricky had continued though he'd be a 140 champion right now with a British mega clash against Amir Khan which would have given him a payday nearly as the Pacquiao, if not more, in the makings. But he made his bed and has to lie in it.
            Last edited by Targaryen; 09-23-2010, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Let me first say that i respect Hatton so i'm not trying to kick him while he's down. But looking at how everything's played out for him recently, it's obvious what event lead to his early retirement, depression, and well publicized cocaine use.

A couple of years ago he was on top of the world. He was undefeated, a national icon/role model in the U.K, and as he's said in many interviews, his personal life couldnt have been better. It was his fight with Money Mayweather that shattered his pride and lead to the downward spiral we're still witnessing today. If Floyd hadnt of brutally KO'd him he definitely would've given Pacquiao a run for his money and he'd still be one of the most respected figures in his country.

In hindsight, the chain of events which saw his professional and personal lives fall apart all started from a Mayweather left hand. I just thought that was ironic considering Baldomir, De La Hoya, and now Mosley are also shells of their former selves professionally since their fights with Floyd. Could we be dealing with a "Mayweather curse" or do you think that's purely coincidence?
              It's possible.. Floyd does have a way of stealing your greatness and your confidence by the way he shuts you out and dominates you in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
                It's possible.. Floyd does have a way of stealing your greatness and your confidence by the way he shuts you out and dominates you in every way.
                True, we've seen it with countless other fighter's who have crossed paths with Floyd. It's not a stretch to assume Hatton fell under the same fate.

Comment

The defeat to floyd would have hurt hatton alrite but remember hatton said he was pretty happy with his performance for most of the fight as well as hatton moving up to 147 where he was very poor in the past so in his mind he could justify his loss. On top of that hatton came back and put in one of his best performances of his career agains paulie and thats what got him the pac fight. That would have brought his confidence back up, but fighting a puncher like pac is a different story, hatton was supposedly the bigger guy who would bully pac and look what happened!! Thats hard to take, most people expected hatton to lose to floyd, big difference, hatton was pretty cheerfull after the floyd loss, even talking about a rematch, after pac he was devestated

Comment

If that's the case then Pacquiao is responsible for Mayweather's trouble with the law..

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      If that's the case then Pacquiao is responsible for Mayweather's trouble with the law..
                      Except Ricky had no precedent for depression and drug addiction (unless we count being a lager-lout between camps).

Floyd had precedent for being in trouble with the law.

Mayweather flushed Hatton, causing a blockage in boxing's toilet, which required Pacquiao to come in with a plunger and send old url=http://www.cromwell.co.uk/static/products/g/jeeps/722/jey7222245t1.eps_large.jpg]Blue[/url] Moon flying down the U-bend and out the sewage pipe.

Comment

Working...
                      X