Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tavoris Cloud has supposedly faked his hamstring injury to get out of fighting Glen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight can still happen...

Light heavyweight titleholder Tavoris Cloud has an overdue mandatory defense due against former champ Glen Johnson. They were scheduled to fight Saturday on the Berto-Quintana undercard, but Cloud withdrew, claiming a hamstring injury and signing with King. Now, the IBF has given Cloud and Johnson until Tuesday to make a deal. If they don't, a purse bid will be ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      To be honest i believe he faked an injury, am not one to doubt a fighter when he claims to be injured but after reading Glen johnson's interview and the way they broke the news of Cloud's injury to him i made my mind up that cloud ducked the fight, I would take everything i said back if they re-schedule the fight and the fight goes through.
      Where did you read Johnson's interview?

Comment

I think it had to do with Cloud signing with King and all those promotional problems, not that he wanted to duck johnson.

Disappointing either way but clearly that's what happened imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          From Dan Rafael's chat. I forget the exact words Rafael said myself. But if somebody can bring it up the first one who does it gets green k. He says he personally saw Cloud at a fight and Cloud was trying to put on an act like he was limping. I don't take Rafael serious that much. But he is reliable.
          so what!
          good move. theres bigger and better things for tavoris.
          gentleman glen i like you. but we need more relevency here my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by CLEOTIS View Post
            so what!
            good move. theres bigger and better things for tavoris.
            gentleman glen i like you. but we need more relevency here my friend!
            This fight was supposed to make Tavoris relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              I've pulled my hamstring several times and I can tell you that it is not a pleasant experience.

It would not prevent someone from walking like a normal person however there would be no ability to train at all. You wouldn't be able to run and you wouldn't be able to deliver punches without strength in your base.

It wouldn't however prevent you from walking like a normal human being.

Rafael is a fat **** that probably ate his hamstrings thinking they were pork, he's not a doctor and his accusation is childish and unprofessional.

Leave it to the blog idiots to report stupid **** like this, not the goddamn ESPN lead boxing writer.
              Green K .

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I think it had to do with Cloud signing with King and all those promotional problems, not that he wanted to duck johnson.

Disappointing either way but clearly that's what happened imo.
                bingo

this all had to do with signing with King and NOT ducking Johnson

also the other rumors that have been going around

Dirrell faked his back injury so he could move the fight to Detroit instead of Cali because he was not happy with the gate.

Ward faked his knee injury because he was unhappy with Goossen about his gate split

Comment

in the uk if a fighter pulls out of a fight, the british boxing board of control send their own doctor to carry out a medical on said fighter to make sure everything is above board.

does anything like this happen in the states, do the local commision get involved to make sure everything is as the fighter says?

Comment

I've seen alot of Cloud and he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would "duck" people like this, He has a hard time getting fights with people anyway. So I just take it for what it is, An injury.

Hopefully the fight can still happen. It would be a very good fight

Comment

this guy is full of hype.

Comment

Working...
                      X