No announcement yet.

140lb Terence "Bud" Crawford vs 140lb Floyd "Pretty Boy Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=The Big Dunn;17704705][QUOTE=djtmal;17704544]
    You engineer the question to punish Floyd for the cowardly decisions made by others. So no, I can't say anything. I just ask when you ask the question about beating prime atg, ask why they waited to fight Floyd.

Using your logic...

When Merchant asked Floyd about Cotto, Williams, and the welterweight division after the Hatton fight, Floyd said he was going on vacation, and stayed on vacation for 2 years right. He didn't mention anything about hand injuries or nothing right?

When Merchant asked Shane about Floyd after the Vargas fight, Shane actually said the same as Floyd...he planned on going on vacation, said his tooth was loose, etc. You guys use that as facts to say Shane was ducking Floyd (Floyd didn't force Shane to have a toothache. Your words right?)

So using your logic, anybody pimping that vacation/toothache rhetoric to justify Shane being what you call a coward and was ducking Floyd, anybody can use that same vacation rhetoric to prove Floyd is just as big a coward/and even worse ducked a heating up welterweight division....

...and please, one excuse at a time, its easier to digest the chunks that way...

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      floyd had a similar ko ratio to Bud before he moved to 147 and 154....just saying bro

at 147 and up he was in his 30s just like Bud will be entering soon and his ko ratio will drop as well with weight and age

floyd had a high ko ratio at 130-140 lbs....at 140 he stopped 2/3 opponents and was the first fighter to ever batter Corely like that and drop him several times....this is when Corely was a good solid top ten guy. only lost to Judah and someone else at that point.
      Well if you look at Crawford resume, only 3 opponents have lasted 12 full rounds with him, that's Burns, Beltran and Postol. And Crawford also hurt them all, or dropped them during their fight. I mean that's freakin impressive!

Floyd also got a huge KO streak early in his career when fighting bums and outclassing them easily.

I don't think there's much of an argument to make about Floyd having as much power as Crawford. Crawford punch are so crisp, with only the eye test and hearing the sound of them you know it hurt. Crawford can throw just one punch and hurt his opponents badly. While floyd was more throwing combos to get some results. Like Floyd, Crawford is also very accurate with his punching. He never seem to waist a punch and he seem to never throw one to get a point, he aim to hurt his opponents or to set them up. Whilst Floyd often punched to gain some points, like jabbing to the body and stuff like that.

Not to take anything away from Mayweather offense, you are right that he had also some good power, specially as Pretty Boy. But, like i've always thought and said that Crawford and Mayweather are at the same level. But i give Crawford a slight edge on offense and Mayweather a slight edge en defense.

Comment

• I love Bud. However, I would question whether he would have the speed/experience needed to beat Floyd. Bud takes a few rounds to figure out his opponents, but I get the feeling that he would not be able to figure out Floyd who would make adjustments throughout the fight until Bud stopped throwing. Put Bud up against a couple of top welters first. Then, we can revisit this discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFC_Boxing View Post
          Well if you look at Crawford resume, only 3 opponents have lasted 12 full rounds with him, that's Burns, Beltran and Postol. And Crawford also hurt them all, or dropped them during their fight. I mean that's freakin impressive!

Floyd also got a huge KO streak early in his career when fighting bums and outclassing them easily.

I don't think there's much of an argument to make about Floyd having as much power as Crawford. Crawford punch are so crisp, with only the eye test and hearing the sound of them you know it hurt. Crawford can throw just one punch and hurt his opponents badly. While floyd was more throwing combos to get some results. Like Floyd, Crawford is also very accurate with his punching. He never seem to waist a punch and he seem to never throw one to get a point, he aim to hurt his opponents or to set them up. Whilst Floyd often punched to gain some points, like jabbing to the body and stuff like that.

Not to take anything away from Mayweather offense, you are right that he had also some good power, specially as Pretty Boy. But, like i've always thought and said that Crawford and Mayweather are at the same level. But i give Crawford a slight edge on offense and Mayweather a slight edge en defense.
          i can dig it

bud is more offensively minded, while mayweather is a bit slicker and defensive wiz temperment

personally i think their power is even at 140 and below, just different types of power....Bud's is heavy and thudding whereas Floyd's is sharp and stinging...Bud has more of a mean streak though, like he likes to hurt you lol

kinda like how Julian Jackson and Hearns are reputed punchers have close to even power, but different kind of power....Hearns is speed, sharp, blinding whereas Jackson has that Thud

neither guy has stopped their a lot of their toughest opponents but got the C and B guys out of their

Comment

Working...
          X