Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people knocking floy/connor so hard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop floyd and Connor are trying to take fans hard earned money i have paid over thousands of dollars for floyd not this time everybody knows was going to happen is a casual fight not for the purist

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
      Simply because as boxing fans as least in my opinion its annoying that for fight 49 he chose bum ass Berto was was 2-2 instead of an undefeated fighter like Thurman or Garcia (at the time) and now for his 50th fight hes trying to fight an MMA fighter who hs zero chnce of even competing against him. Yet heill scream hes 50-0 and beat Marcianos record etc. On paper yes but the fans know whatsup. 49 and 50th fights are ****in pathetic for someone calling himsrlf The Best Ever.
      Marciano fought guys with 4 wins-14 losses, 13 wins-15 losses, 11 wins-14 losses for his 33rd, 34th, 35th fights. I guess they shouldn't be counted either with them being complete and utter bums, more than likely worse than McGregor.

Comment

I agree that it ultimately won't be bad for boxing or MMA.

But cmon man you can't be surprised that people are knocking it. First its Floyd. Floyd would get knocked if he cured cancer tomorrow. Number 2 it is a freak show fight. This is Ali vs Inoki II more or less. Or Toney vs Couture II from a few years back. Three, I don't think anyone expects this to be competitive & we all, regardless of affiliation, dog uncompetitive fights all the time.

I could probably list more issues with this fight that are reasons people are dogging it, but you get my point doe its not a fight that its outlandish to dog it.

Comment

Because it's a ****ing joke that will embarrass boxing no matter what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Marciano fought guys with 4 wins-14 losses, 13 wins-15 losses, 11 wins-14 losses for his 33rd, 34th, 35th fights. I guess they shouldn't be counted either with them being complete and utter bums, more than likely worse than McGregor.
            Yeah and he got criticized for it..Then and now...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Yeah and he got criticized for it..Then and now...
              Name 1 boxer that would walk away from a fight like McGregor which will net him over 100 mil. You can't criticise a guy for taking an opportunity anyone would take.

Comment

I doubt it will damage boxing unless Mayweather gets knocked out. The powers that be in boxing need to worry more about promoters working together and less bad decisions, not the Mayweather /McGregor circus act...

Comment

At least this will break records.

Record for the lowest punch accuracy of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I doubt it embarrass boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Because it's Mayweather. There's no belts, rankings etc involved. Him dominating the top MMA guy will make boxing look better to the casuals. They don't have to watch if they don't want to. BUT they still cry just because it's Mayweather.
                      It will be terrible for boxing. Once we again we get to hear how "boring" boxing is and how it never lives up the the hype and how Floyd ran from the "real" fighter all night and how he never actually wanted to exchange with Conor and ripped everyone off again.

It's pure garbage..

Comment

Working...
                      X