Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Coldwell Fears Kell Brook Will Suffer Same Fate as Roy Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's funny that this guys is "killing himself" to make weight, and people think nothing about the idea that he could jump two weight classes, and a year later come back down to the weight that was killing him. "He doesn't look drained doe"...
    Not just the weight thing, but his mindset after the defeat and the plate in his face. I think those are major factors and I'm sure his fans will cry about them afterward, but no one is willing to accept it right now.

Comment

The difference is that Roy did it in his mid-30's. Brook is barely 31 and still in his prime so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        The difference is that Roy did it in his mid-30's. Brook is barely 31 and still in his prime so no worries.
        So what you're saying then is that Brook being in his 20's he stopped growing and all his weightlifting he is doing and building muscle won't cause weight gain ?

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
          So what you're saying then is that Brook being in his 20's he stopped growing and all his weightlifting he is doing and building muscle won't cause weight gain ?
          What I'm saying is that a younger man has a lot, lot better chance of rebounding from weight fluctuation than an older man. Ricky Hatton is a good example. At some point, you can no longer take a punch. It's been proven time and time again. Chris Byrd is another great example.

Comment

This is one of the dumbest things said, really dumb. "It's happened once or twice, so it will happen every time."

Comment

What I'm saying is that a younger man has a lot, lot better chance of rebounding from weight fluctuation than an older man. Ricky Hatton is a good example. At some point, you can no longer take a punch. It's been proven time and time again. Chris Byrd is another great example.
              we will see how it all plays out. I do think the weight cut is going to hurt him the longer the fight goes. It hurt Chavez .

Comment

i think the eye injury might potentially be more significant to the outcome of the fight than weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                  we will see how it all plays out. I do think the weight cut is going to hurt him the longer the fight goes. It hurt Chavez .
                  Maybe but I think Brook can deal with the weight a lot better than fighters who don't stay in as good of shape between fights.

Comment

The excuses are set... Haters are ready.

Comment

Maybe but I think Brook can deal with the weight a lot better than fighters who don't stay in as good of shape between fights.
                      cool , let's see what happens. It should interesting either way.

Comment

Working...
                      X