Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "When She Wins in November, ßringer's Version of Events Becomes Reality" Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Trump has his flaws, but he will be pragmatic and be more middle of the road than far right... He will be the closest thing to Bill Clinton that the country has had..

Trump is narcissistic, and that's a good thing because his ego will want to make sure he is known as a good president, just like how his buildings are top of the line.. He couldn't handle being known as a ****ty builder or president. He will want everyone to love him, so I see him working with dems more than any other republican would.. He will be very reactionary to public polls and will actually make decisions based on public opinion rather than party idealogy...

W. Bush came in as a middle of the road candidate, but quickly went ideological after taking office, same with obama... Clinton was the last president that leaned one way but was more in the middle and a pragmatic executive.. Obama tried to act like that but he was clearly guided by ideology..

I honestly think trump will be more concerned about making the general public happy than make lobbyists happy.. Bowing down to lobbyists will only hurt trumps reputation and he will be exiled liked bush was... The dudes ego and pride are too big for him to be guided by idealogy,, he will actually care if he upsets people,, all he wants is to be a good president for the people..

Not saying he is the greatest human being, but I do think he will try to do want the people want...
    I sincerely hope you're right about this. I legitimately wouldn't be opposed to voting for Trump in 2020 (assuming he runs for re-election) if he holds true to his word to protect workers and side against corporations.

It'd be the first time I ever voted Republican in my life, but those issues mean that much to me that I'd do it without hesitation. That's why I voted for Sanders in the primaries and felt like utter **** when he lost to Clinton.

There are crony corporate rats in both parties that need to be ousted, starting in 2018. I'm positive that my side is paying much more attention to our own rats now that we're the minority party. Everywhere I look today I'm seeing my fellow Sanders supporters outraged and determined to clean house in 2018.

If your side can accomplish the same thing with your tea party rats, then we could be on the verge of something resembling a functional government again.

Comment

trump completely pwned hillary so hard hahahahahahahahahaha. this is the most pathetic loss in us presidential history. hillary LITERALLY had the entire mainstream media (CNN, NBC,CBS ,etc.) backing her non stop spewing propaganda left and right. she had the DNC rig the elections against bernie. she had hollywood, all the music celebrities backing her. she had obama campaigning for her along with bernie sanders. she spent a billion dollars. etc. etc. AND SHE STILL LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahhahahahahahahahah HISTORIC PWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        People said the same thing years ago about price gouging in the pharmaceutical industry, but look what happened (and is still happening) there. Same thing with Citizen's United.

Corporate interests hold entirely too much sway over our government. If there's a common ground to be found between my side and your side, then that's where the conversation needs to start.

I really hope our new leader will stand as firmly against those influences as President as he did during the primaries, because the Republican controlled houses of congress are going to seriously try to pressure him in to siding with their donors.
        Medicine, more often than not, is a necessity for life. Internet is a convenience. Gouge something that's not a mandate in the consumers life, competition will drive prices lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          trump completely pwned hillary so hard hahahahahahahahahaha. this is the most pathetic loss in us presidential history. hillary LITERALLY had the entire mainstream media (CNN, NBC,CBS ,etc.) backing her non stop spewing propaganda left and right. she had the DNC rig the elections against bernie. she had hollywood, all the music celebrities backing her. she had obama campaigning for her along with bernie sanders. she spent a billion dollars. etc. etc. AND SHE STILL LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahhahahahahahahahah HISTORIC PWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          The fact that she lost Pennsylvania and Michigan should be an alarm bell ringing in their ears for the next two years.

Comment

I sincerely hope you're right about this. I legitimately wouldn't be opposed to voting for Trump in 2020 (assuming he runs for re-election) if he holds true to his word to protect workers and side against corporations.

It'd be the first time I ever voted Republican in my life, but those issues mean that much to me that I'd do it without hesitation. That's why I voted for Sanders in the primaries and felt like utter **** when he lost to Clinton.

There are crony corporate rats in both parties that need to be ousted, starting in 2018. I'm positive that my side is paying much more attention to our own rats now that we're the minority party. Everywhere I look today I'm seeing my fellow Sanders supporters outraged and determined to clean house in 2018.

If your side can accomplish the same thing with your tea party rats, then we could be on the verge of something resembling a functional government again.

I honestly hope trump ****s with both democrats and republicans and proposes term limits for congress.... the General public would love it, but the political parties would go ape shyt... Trump would rather please general public rather than establiment

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              Medicine, more often than not, is a necessity for life. Internet is a convenience. Gouge something that's not a mandate in the consumers life, competition will drive prices lower.
              I'd strongly make the argument that the internet is also a necessity. Maybe not if you live in the third world somewhere, but if you're living in a modern western democracy like we are then it's an essential component to your lifestyle.

It's not all just ****posting, trolling, and facebook, y'know.

https://techcrunch.com/2015/07/15/in...-for-everyone/

Comment

The fact that she lost Pennsylvania and Michigan should be an alarm bell ringing in their ears for the next two years.
                Exactly......

The media, the left, etc was so tied up in calling trump a racist bigot and his supporters are racists and bigots, but the average American didn't care about that, all they heard was trump talking about jobs, failed obamacare, national debt and keeping potential terrorist refugees out of the country... That resonated with everyday Americans... And non was racost or bigoted, all common sense approaches...

It wasn't so much trump was some outstanding candidate, it was the fact that the country was super pissed at Washington and weren't gonna elect a career politician like hillary.. Obama was elected on much the same terms, promised change yet brought none, so people took it to the extreme and flocked to trump...

People hated bush by the end, looked to obama to bring change, hence why he beat hillary,, yet he failed to bring change, so people were even more pissed, so they went with the scorched earth approach with trump...

Politicans and political parties made the mess that was the catalyst for the rise of trump

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I honestly hope trump ****s with both democrats and republicans and proposes term limits for congress.... the General public would love it, but the political parties would go ape shyt... Trump would rather please general public rather than establiment
                  I'm torn on congressional term limits, honestly.

I get the argument against them, with the crux of that argument being the longer you're around the more likely you are to become beholden to lobbyists and special interests.

But the other side's argument that I'd heard is that basically that experience really means a lot in Washington. That when you're a newcomer your colleagues don't take you as seriously and you're not granted the same kind of influence or sway on key issues as that one senator or governor who has been around the block a few times and has the political bruises to show for it.

Basically, that newcomers don't know how the system works and are more likely to refuse compromise, whereas when you do it for years you're more likely to compromise on legislation because you've made friends across the aisle and are therefore more likely to listen to them.

I'm not sure I hold a strong opinion on it either way. Both arguments seem to make a lot of sense to me as I've heard them laid out by people both for and against term limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    Same here, that's why I think he should have proposed higher taxes.
                    It's not about lower tax rates, it's about what happens to tax revenue after the rate change.

Three times, in my lifetime alone, lower tax rates have resulted in higher tax revenues.

This 'lower tax rates equates to less taxes paid' is nothing but a talking point that the Party of Gruber uses to fool people.

Comment

Trump is gonna make us all so much money our yachts will have mini yachts and it's gonna be great folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X