Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana fans, do you like Chino's brother Fabian Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's the lesser athlete.

softer body.

lesser fast twitch muscle fibers than marcos.

Comment

Not seen much of him but he seems like he could give many good fights If he can keep to a high standard.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Man, he had the guy in the ropes many times and didn't throw a punch... he's gonna get eaten if he can't punch more.

Seems like the other guy injured his right hand at the beginning of the fight.
        Agreed.
        Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I liked him. He has fast hands and very good punching power in both hands. He seemed pretty good at everything and could go far if he improves.
        Well said, but it's also early, and he showed some nervousness and hesistance early.
        Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        He did seem to lack a killer instinct and could have gone after the guy more than he did. Maybe he can borrow some viciousness from his brother.
        Agreed, better fighters will finish you in those tentative moments, even if you have the momentum.
        Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
        Yeah, just the name Maidana lets you know what kind of fighter he could be.

He has some power, but still needs to learn about how to fight.
        He should be brought along slowly, no need to hurry at 147, the division is loaded and he would not do well against the top 50 right now.
        Yea, right now I don't see Fabian Maidana pushing guys like Morales, and Floyd to the brink.
        Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        he's the lesser athlete.

softer body.

lesser fast twitch muscle fibers than marcos.
        Agreed.

Comment

Macros is kind Of a very rare fighter, because almost everything he does is wrong.

But hes spent so much time doing it, that he's learned how to do it in a way that works for him.

Your not going to find a lot of fighters who are willing to tough it out the way he does, and has the stamina to throw as many power punches as he does though.

Which for his style, is really important.

Without the power, stamina, and ridiculous ability to take punishment, his lack of technique Would of exposed him.

Comment

I will keep an eye on him, he has talent

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Agreed.

Well said, but it's also early, and he showed some nervousness and hesistance early.

Agreed, better fighters will finish you in those tentative moments, even if you have the momentum.

Yea, right now I don't see Fabian Maidana pushing guys like Morales, and Floyd to the brink.

Agreed.
              Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              Macros is kind Of a very rare fighter, because almost everything he does is wrong.

But hes spent so much time doing it, that he's learned how to do it in a way that works for him.

Your not going to find a lot of fighters who are willing to tough it out the way he does, and has the stamina to throw as many power punches as he does though.

Which for his style, is really important.

Without the power, stamina, and ridiculous ability to take punishment, his lack of technique Would of exposed him.
              Hopefully Marcos can teach his little bro all the tricks of the trade. If he's gonna be a brawler the best person to learn from if his big bro. But knowing how sibling rivalries are, Fabian might be too proud to open his mind and learn from his brother. Chino's not this way, in All Access I saw him taking boxing advice from his father, he truly is humble.

Comment

well he still makes welterweight, so hes got that going for him versus marcos

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  Hopefully Marcos can teach his little bro all the tricks of the trade. If he's gonna be a brawler the best person to learn from if his big bro. But knowing how sibling rivalries are, Fabian might be too proud to open his mind and learn from his brother. Chino's not this way, in All Access I saw him taking boxing advice from his father, he truly is humble.
                  You can't teach what macros does.

His drive is insane.

His technique is abysmal. That's why top fighters kept sleeping on him, because they saw his technique and thought he would be an easy fight.

You can't teach that desire he had to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    His technique is abysmal. That's why top fighters kept sleeping on him, because they saw his technique and thought he would be an easy fight.
                    I disagree.

Maidana had underrated skills and defense. For a so-called unskilled guy who's been in so many wars, why hasn't he come out of a fight with a battered torn up face?

Prior to Mayweather-Maidana 1, Mayweather said this about Chino's defense.

"He [Maidana] reminds me of Arturo Gatti, except he doesn't take as much punishment. He dishes out punishment. He doesn't take it."

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      I disagree.

Maidana had underrated skills and defense. For a so-called unskilled guy who's been in so many wars, why hasn't he come out of a fight with a battered torn up face?

Prior to Mayweather-Maidana 1, Mayweather said this about Chino's defense.

"He [Maidana] reminds me of Arturo Gatti, except he doesn't take as much punishment. He dishes out punishment. He doesn't take it."

That's called promoting a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X