Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kelly Pavlik Going To Have Success At 168lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kelly Pavlik Going To Have Success At 168lb?

I have my douts. Although he was rusty, he looked extremly slow, he was getting by some silly shots, and his timing and power weren't there.

Credit to Lopez, but I feel a prime Kelly takes him out within 6. Maybe it was just a bad night. But can you see Kelly causing any of the the top Super Middleweights trouble?

I wound't give him much of a chance against Bute, Ward or Froch. Abraham & Glen would be wars do.

Have we seen the best of Pavlik, as much I hate to say it, I think we may have.

I think he'll do very well, if he can stay focused and keep his personal problems under control.

Comment

Yeah I don't think he should start going after the best.

What he should do is keep fighting ranked guys in ohio and try to rebuild his fan base and make money

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I think he'll do very well, if he can stay focused and keep his personal problems under control.
        What makes you think this do? I feel Bute, Ward, Dirrel, & Froch all handle him.

I'd say him vs someone like Sakio Bika at this point is a 50/50 fight. And I was thinking I would of favoured James Degale over that version of Pavlik last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
          What makes you think this do? I feel Bute, Ward, Dirrel, & Froch all handle him.

I'd say him vs Sakio Bika at this point is a 50/50 fight
          Dirrell would run, Ward would hold & headbutt. Those wouldn't be interesting fights to watch.

Bute would make for an intriguing matchup, but I would of course pick Bute to win.

Froch-Pavlik would be an entertaining matchup. That's the one I'd most like to see.

But first I'd like to see Kelly become MORE ACTIVE this year and fight a few lesser opponents in Youngstown. Then, fight some of those guys in 2012.

Comment

if toprank just makes their own belt and completely keeps it inhouse then yeah. obviously with their own judges and ref. then yeah kelley can be a 168lb champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
              I have my douts. Although he was rusty, he looked extremly slow, he was getting by some silly shots, and his timing and power weren't there.

Credit to Lopez, but I feel a prime Kelly takes him out within 6. Maybe it was just a bad night. But can you see Kelly causing any of the the top Super Middleweights trouble?

I wound't give him much of a chance against Bute, Ward or Froch. Abraham & Glen would be wars do.

Have we seen the best of Pavlik, as much I hate to say it, I think we may have.

pavlik is now a mediocre boxer. he won't be able to hang with the elite at super MW

Comment

Working...
              X