Science Proves The Bible and GOD are real

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roheleo View Post
    Science and the Bible

The Bible is not a science book, yet it is scientifically accurate.
    I dont think being able to see stars, knowing that rain comes from clouds, talking about the movement of the wind, knowing people can bleed to death, people lived in caves (cave-men lol),.

How is 'reasonably describing' or 'suggesting' certain things about the natural world sceintificly accurate?? This is meant to prove that the Bible is the word of God. But God dosnt seem to go into much detail. eg.

* The bible includes reasonably complete descriptions of the hydrologic cycle.

Psalm 135:7
    He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth;
    He makes lightning for the rain;
    He brings the wind out of His treasuries.
    Jeremiah 10:13
    When He utters His voice,
    There is a multitude of waters in the heavens:
    “And He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth.
    He makes lightning for the rain,
    He brings the wind out of His treasuries.”
    HE dosnt make vapours ascend. HE dosnt make lighting. Lightening FOR the rain??
    Those are obviously scientifically inaccurate.

* The Bible describes the Earth’s crust (along with a comment on astronomy)

Jeremiah 31:37
    Thus says the LORD:
    “If heaven above can be measured,
    And the foundations of the earth searched out beneath,
    I will also cast off all the seed of Israel
    For all that they have done, says the LORD.”
    Where does it talk about the Earth's crust there? Seems like a severe LACK of scientific knowledge to me. Especially considering this is the word of God.

This is a joke right?

The Bible contains passages that describe something like television—something that allows everyone on earth see a single event. (Note: such passages typically refer to the end of time. It may not be long before all of us learn for sure whether the Bible is true or not.)

Matthew 24:30
    Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    Revelation 11:9-11
    Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.
    Doesnt sound scientifically accurate to me. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

What about the Bible repeatedly describing the Earth having pillars? And corners? And 'ends'? Those dont sound scientifically accurate considering the Earth is round.
    Read here.
    http://hypertextbook.com/eworld/geocentric.shtml

A cure for cancer would have been nice.

Maybe take off ur faith goggles before reading the Bible next time.
    Last edited by The Noose; 09-15-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
      the bible written in 400 ad? thats when christianity was invented atleast. I dont think you are quite grasping the intelegence and knowledge that allready existed in the world before then.
      the bible wasnt written in 400AD. The bible is just a compilation of different 'books', and they were written at different times, not all at once.

some of the books in the bible were written 3500 years ago. only the New Testament was written in the AD period.

Comment

I just think if these vague descriptions are meant to 'prove' the Bible is word of God, it fails to.

Any true scientific accuracy requires extreme detail. The simplist processes of life and nature can be extremely complex when described in detail.

Some ancient people have had remarkable knowldge of the universe long before the Bible. Its a mystery how they knew such things.

Comment

Christianity did not exist before 400 ad i dont see how the bible was around before then. if there were wrightings around before then, then they wernt christian ideas, just another thing christianity stole and claimed as their own.
          Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-15-2009, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Christianity did not exist before 400 ad i dont see how the bible was around before then.
            Christianity did exist before 400 AD.

Comment

no judeism existed before 400 ad

Comment

no judeism existed before 400 ad
                When do you think Christ died?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                  When do you think Christ died?
                  easter?

none the less jesus was just some guy that went around chalangeing how religion currently worked. with a few ideas on how it should. I dont belive the religion of christianity came around as a religion till the reign of constatine in 325ish ad

Comment

easter?

none the less jesus was just some guy that went around chalangeing how religion currently worked. with a few ideas on how it should. I dont belive the religion of christianity came around as a religion till the reign of constatine in 325ish ad
                    Christianity means follower of Christ, so if Christianity started in 400 AD as you say then people waited 367 years after Christ died to start to follow or believe in him, doesnt make sense.

Comment

ok so an idea is just as good as a religion there for

i belive that i am the current messiah and my religion is called well actually i dont have a religion im just here to lead you on the correct path.

my religion says that the world is round and it rotates around the earth. amongst other things it says that from time to time a messiah will come to put you confused people back to the correct path. the coming of a messiah has happend many times and the meaning of the word is oftenly lost after many years. but i will lead you all to salvation and show that the true meaning of life is to make other people happy. the truth is that when we die there is nothing and this is our heaven, or hell. those that are to pridefull will fall from their pedastool and those that those that teat people wrongly will find people they care for being treated wrongly and there will be nothing they can do about it.

theres no god just some guy that existed billions of years ago and he had to answer yes or know. he said yes buts lets make sure and due to that answer everything thats ever happened, has happened. though i guess the real importance would be the question not the answer. I guess i could tell you what that is but then how would i get people to follow me and become super rich like the church of england.

no no but really the questions is does life really deserve to exist...and we have spent the last 14 billion as proof to backup that answer. maybe one day our world will become so polluted and corrupt that the existance of life will end though as long as i along with many other people exist that are willing to sacrice their time, effort, and valuables to help another person there will allways be some form of life.

geez i really hope some one dosent take this radical idea and create a realigion baised off a rough hebrew translation of messiah and use my name as a reason to start wars, kill people, be greedy, and make money.

Comment

Working...
                      X