Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Take Over For Oscar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget about Oscar, there isn't even a Trinidad out here. Hatton and Paquio are probably the two biggest draws right now. Neither of them draw as much as Trinidad did in his prime. Even Roy drew more than Hatton and Pac. Trinidad has fought on PPV since fighting Vargas. Hatton has like two PPV fights. I bet Trinidad is the biggest draw in boxing. He can go get more PPV buys than anyone besides De la.

Comment

I dont think there will be a 'Golden Boy' type character for a while.

the fame will be spread around to different guys. I know a bunch of people hate Mayweather on this site, but the guy is popular as hell, and if he and Pacquiao fight(assuming they both continue their winning streaks) it will be huge.

Itll be like the Fab 4. Leonard on his own was quite popular, but not quite the De La Hoya or Mike Tyson type of guy. those two could fight just ok fighters and still get a ton of publicity for it, as long as it had a good enough story or other advertising point.
      Leonard had huge fights when he was paired up against Hagler, Hearns, Duran...but(I may be wrong) I dont think him alone was that enormous a draw.

maybe that Danny Jacobs fellow. Hes called the Golden Child, and is pretty damn quick. he needs to fight someone at least gatekeeper level one of these days, the guy is fighting nothing but sacrificial lambs up to this point...Khan and Ortiz are both WAY ahead of him, and the three of them are all about the same age.

Comment

Thats what people always said but then theres always someone who comes up.

People thought after ali left it was over then Leonard came after him tyson after him oscar

Comment

Working...
        X