No announcement yet.

the sweet science of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
    He went up against a man with crazy advantages in terms of boxing advantage, went up against Valuevs best weapons and negated them all.

Valuevs jab meant nothing in this fight.

Valuevs weight advantage meant nothing in this fight.

Valuevs height advantage meant nothing in this fight.

Valuevs ability to trace people and beat them down meant nothing in this fight.

Valuevs chin meant nothing in this fight.

David Haye took every single one of Valuevs biggest weapons and strengths and made them seem like childs play.

It's called defense and ring generalship.......you know....two of the things judges use to score fights?

You can say that Haye should have been more aggressive obviously, but to disregard everything else he did against a man who hasn't been defeated in 50 fights is bordering on ******ed.

I agree totally. It's like stand in a doorway and try to swing at the top of it and see how it feels to have that as a target for a guys face. Given all of Valuev's advantages, Haye did really well and played it smart and safe.

Comment

Originally posted by broxi51 View Post
      the science of boxing does not just belongs to the likes of srr or srl, it runs through all levels of boxing, from the amatuer to the journeymen, domestic fighters and the elite, if it didn't then all the boxers who ever fought apart from the greats would just be faking it, no need for a response, you obviously can't get my point
      i think your point was haye is a more skilled boxer than valuev...

Comment

Working...
      X