Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    That's what you are lil fella'.
    LOL this has to be Zarakou, tago, omowole etc alt

What is your obsession with wanting me to be a little filipino?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Conor's best purse for one fight was about a million bucks and the MMA people brag on that. He doesn't make tens of millions a year from fighting. Mayweather made more in one fight than Conor could make in ten careers. Maybe the average MMA fighter is more intelligent than the average boxer. So what? Why is it so important to you to prove this? These are combat sports and I watch them to admire their fighting skills, not their intelligence.
      Dana already said that the highest he's ever paid a fighter is $5Mil. This was likely Brock Lesnar because he wanted to bring in some of those wrestling fans.

The UFC fanboys are making every attempt they can to push the sport as being more lucrative than boxing but they fall flat on their face each time.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post

what 2 boxers could put on as civilized and as articulate an interview as this?

most boxers just mumble 3 word sentences and have limited vocabulary.

MMA fighters are way more intelligent than boxers.
        if they are so smart, why did they enter a sport where the biggest stars make what boxing's fringe contenders make?

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post

what 2 boxers could put on as civilized and as articulate an interview as this?

most boxers just mumble 3 word sentences and have limited vocabulary.

MMA fighters are way more intelligent than boxers.
          Daniel Cormier graduated from Oklahoma State University (on a wrestling scholarship), and Anthony Johnson graduated from Lassen College (on a wrestling scholarship); the fact that you think that two college graduates, sitting and having an intelligent conversation is some revelation is ridiculous.

amateur boxing doesn't have the pipeline that amateur wrestling has, and that's beyond question; the scale is different, but a top amateur wrestler has a lot of the same opportunities as a top amateur baseball would get. that can't be said for boxing.

Even then, Chris Algieri, Andre Ward, Daniel Jacobs, Abner Mares, Errol Spence Jr, and a host of other boxers can comfortably hold cogent conversations with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
            Go ask 10 random people who Conor McGregor is. You may get 2-3 people who know. Ask 10 people who Mayweather or Pacquiao is and you're going to get 10 out of 10 who know.

I know of sherdog. Why aren't the MMA guys on this forum who keep claiming boxing is losing out to the UFC posting there?

MMA has a stagnant fan base. It's going to get no bigger than where it's at now. The company was just bought and they're laying off a ton of people.

The UFC's largest attendance record was for 55,000+ at UFC 129 in 2011. Canelo just had 52,000+ attend an the Liam Smith fight and likely 99.9% of the US doesn't know who Liam Smith is.

You're going to have to show me some facts that prove MMA is more popular than boxing.

Mayweather and Pacquiao's fight is the richest fight in history. The MGM grand only hold 17,000+. The UFC on it's best day can't touch boxing. I bet the entire UFC 2015 show schedule didn't add up to what was made in the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight.

You UFC fans just waaaaannnnttt your sport to be number one when realistically it's just a middling sport.

I provide facts. You UFC fanboys are coming with measly opinions.
            I'm a boxing guy first and foremost you dumb ****.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
              I'm a boxing guy first and foremost you dumb ****.
              Good! Diiicckk head..................

Comment

MMA fighters or the American ones usually come from decent backgrounds. For a Boxing gym, usually around $20-40, the really expensive ones are at $50, anything more is a rip off anyways. Across the block its at least $90 a month to learn one martial art. That says it all for what kind of people are going to be attending those.

Even if they came from the hood, they have a wrestling background which they learned at University which they got there on the basis of scholarship (includes grades) so they were in a good atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                X